Cross Functional IT Support Coordinator
Cross Functional IT Support Coordinator
Cross Funct IT Support Coord
Administrative IT Services - 150100
Is this an internal posting only?
Mon - Fri, 8am - 5pm with after-hours/weekend on-call and event coverage as necessary
Administrative Information Technology Services' unique role in accomplishing the University's mission is to provide the primary university-wide, shared resources of computing hardware, software, data and voice communications, and professional personnel on campus.
The Administrative Information Technology Services department is called upon to provide computing and electronic communications resources when it can do so more effectively or more efficiently than separate units.
The Administrative IT Services Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Cross Functional IT Support Coordinator to join our team.
This position serves an operational role that supports desktop computers, networked devices, media devices, physical security devices, and end user issues throughout Auxiliary Services/Facilities/Athletics/Transportation. These responsibilities will extend to other departments supported by AITS as needs arise. This position will also assist the Cross Function IT Support Supervisor with monitoring servers, technology deployment, and system administration responsibilities.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Software and hardware support for staff and student accessible workstations, servers, AV systems, end user training, physical security components, and policy enforcement.
* Provides backup to the Cross Function IT Support Supervisor regarding incident management, server responsibilities, and help desk operations.
* Fulfill documentation duties within the support spectrum.
* Provide after-hours on-call support of critical systems and special events as necessary.
* Manage asset inventory tracking.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree in related field and three years of related computing work experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Prior experience with specific systems, equipment and software may be specified as needed by department.
* Knowledge of principles of computing and communications networks, and characteristics of computing hardware and software used in distributed environment.
* Ability to operate computer keyboards and to install computer hardware.
* Ability to assimilate, retain and utilize technical and applications-oriented information.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Knowledge and experience with application and package preparation and deployment using SCCM, JAMF or Group Policy.
* Knowledge and experience creating and deploying Windows system images using SCCM (or OSD, etc.).
* Knowledge and experience with Windows Server operating systems.
* Practical experience with scripting and automation techniques on Windows and/or Mac OS X (Linux) platforms.
* Strong working knowledge of database concepts, including SQL querying and report building.
* PCI compliance knowledge.
* Considerable experience developing both technical and end-user support documentation.
* Prior supervisory experience.
* Prior experience with designing and deploying audio-visual and collaborative technologies.
* Working knowledge of the maintenance and operation of retail point-of-sale systems.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting