Research Support Assistant
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Colorado Clinical Translational Sciences Institute (CCTSI)
Job Title: Research Support Assistant
Position #747361 - Requisition #13908
Work Location: Anschutz Medical Campus - Aurora, Colorado
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
Who we are:
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets. Read more about us here.
The Colorado Clinical Translational Sciences Institute (CCTSI) has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Research Support Assistant position.
The Research Support Assistant will assist in supporting the operational and administrative activities of the Colorado Clinical Translational Sciences Institute (CCTSI), including the Clinical & Translational Research Centers (CTRC). The Assistant will provide support that includes but is not limited to: EPIC research billing, assisting with program event coordination, data entry, spreadsheet development and management, drafting of reports/documents/resources, and other duties as assigned.
Examples of Work Performed:
- EPIC data entry and billing reconciliation for the UCH Clinical & Translational Research Center (CTRC)
- Enter CTRC research visit data into the WebCAMP database
- Schedule CCTSI conference rooms
- Prepare documents for meetings, including gathering and organizing documents and making copies
- Provide support for meetings and events for various CCTSI programs
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
- Associate degree from an accredited college
- At least 2 years' experience providing program administrative support
- Professional experience in a similar role can be substituted for the Associate's degree on a year-for-year basis, but not the specific 2 years' experience
- Must be willing and able to obtain immunizations as required
- This position supports the Clinical and Translational Research Centers (CTRC), which provides infrastructure, resources, and dedicated space for clinical research
- This position may not have direct interaction with patients, but will be working in out-patient and in-patient clinics
- The University of Colorado Hospital (UCH) requires anyone working in a patient area to receive appropriate immunization
- NOTE: The primary work location for this position as the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora, Colorado
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written, to a variety of audiences
- Highly proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, Outlook and EPIC
- Ability to manage competing priorities independently and effectively
- Ability to work with and coordinate activities with other institutional departments, agencies and employees in order to meet the needs of the CCTSI
- Strong organizational and time management skills including the ability to prioritize work, attention to detail, meet deadlines and follow through to ensure completion of activities
- Knowledge of office protocols and professional practices along with a congenial customer service demeanor
- Ability to be a team player
- Ability to take initiative as well as respond to direction
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Previous experience working within an academic program
- Previous experience in a financial capacity (budget monitoring, accounts payable/receivable, order processing, etc)
- Experience working in the University of Colorado Hospital's EPIC patient management system
- The salary range for this position has been established at $29,000 to $34,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience
- This position is eligible for overtime compensation
- The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at:
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by July 11th, 2018. Those who do not apply by July 11th, 2018 m ay or may not be considered.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Denver
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 60120 - ADM-VCR CCTSI GenOps
Posting Date: Jun 15, 2018
Closing Date: Jul 11, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Pamila Allen
Posting Contact Email: Pamila.Allen@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00747361