Assistant Professor - Nursing
The Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Beth-El College of Nursing and Health Sciences at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs invites applications for a full time, 9-month, on-campus, tenure-track appointment at the Assistant Professor level with 40% teaching, 40% research and 20% service work distribution to begin August of 2018. This position is expected to teach 15 credit hours per academic year primarily in our undergraduate nursing program and may include some responsibilities in the graduate program, advise students, develop a successful line of research and scholarly record, and seek external funding that strengthens/broadens current areas of research. Faculty also participate in both internal and external professional service activities and demonstrate collaborative interests and collegiality in all aspects of faculty engagement. The position includes classroom, online, laboratory, and clinical teaching in adult health nursing.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Teach undergraduate and graduate students in classroom, simulation learning center, online, and clinical settings
- Engage in an active program of research/scholarship
- Engage in various service activities within the College, UCCS, the profession of nursing, and the community
- Maintain clinical and academic expertise
- Select and schedule student learning experiences in achieving desired learning outcomes
- Plan, develop, and implement evaluation tools to assess student progress
- Participate in curriculum development
- Participate in meetings and other activities that advance the mission and goals of the College
- Other duties as determined by the Dean and Department Chair
The University of Colorado offers a comprehensive benefits package. Information on benefits programs can be found at: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits.
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) is one of four campuses in the University of Colorado system and is home to over 12,400 undergraduate and 1,800 graduate students. UCCS is among the fastest growing universities in the state and is consistently ranked as one of the top Western regional universities by U.S. News & World Report.
The Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Beth-El College of Nursing and Health Sciences has been educating health care professionals since 1904 and has a strong emphasis on community service and partnerships both locally and nationally. Located in the shadow of Pikes Peak and the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, Colorado Springs is home to the US Olympic Training Center and other sports-related organizations. The region is a paradise for outdoor enthusiasts and boasts an average 300 days of sunshine a year. Colorado Springs was recently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of the top Best Places to Live in the U.S.
The Department of Nursing is dedicated to developing exceptional nurses through innovative and experiential education, scholarship and service. This dedication to excellence is demonstrated by the 2018 ranking as 9th in the country by U.S. News and World Report for the online graduate master's program. The department offers expanding undergraduate and graduate programs enhanced by clinical and advanced technologies in simulation and online learning.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check and, when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
UCCS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University of Colorado does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation or political philosophy in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. Alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for those with disabilities by contacting the Office of Human Resources at (719) 255-3372.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
- PhD in Nursing or a terminal degree in a related area, conferred by August 13, 2018
- One graduate degree must be in nursing and from an accredited institution (MSN or a PhD in nursing)
- Active unencumbered license to practice as a registered nurse in Colorado, or ability to obtain by date of hire
- Two (2) years of full-time, or equivalent, professional nursing clinical experience
- Previous teaching experience in undergraduate or graduate nursing program
- Previous experience with curriculum development and evaluation
- Established record of scholarship/research publications and service
- Advanced practice certification related to clinical specialty area
Special Instructions to Applicants:Statements of teaching and research philosophy are required as part of the application. Full consideration will be given to completed applications received by July 3, 2018. Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. Official transcripts will be required upon hire.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Unofficial transcript(s), Statement of Research Philosophy, Statement of Teaching Philosophy
Application Materials Instructions:When applying, applicants must include: 1. A cover letter which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines your qualifications 2. A current resume/CV 3. Unofficial transcript(s) 4. Statement of Teaching Philosophy 5. Statement of Research Philosophy If you have technical difficulties with your application, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200 #5 or [email protected] Job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40081 - Beth-El Undergrad Nursing
Posting Date: Jun 13, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Lynn Phillips
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00440320