IT Helpdesk Coordinator
The IT Helpdesk Coordinator is a full time position supporting laboratory personnel with computer and other IT related issues.
As a member of the Helpdesk Team within the Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics LASP, the IT Helpdesk Coordinator has the following responsibilities:
• Provides support to laboratory staff, and other recognized users of the facility, in the use of supported software and hardware.
• Maintains accurate record of equipment allocated to staff and works with other LASP IT staff to ensure that the maintenance records are kept up-to-date. Coordinates annual deployment of PCs and laptops and handhelds PDA & Smartphones to laboratory staff.
• Maintains library of all implemented software and related licenses. Helps maintain loan library of portable equipment and software for the use of laboratory staff, recommending replenishment and replacements as required.
• Records and assigns problem requests to appropriate Helpdesk support staff for resolution. Provides immediate assistance, whenever possible, in resolving user problems. Coordinates prompt and efficient problem resolution, including some of the second line support functions within LASP IT as necessary.
• Escalates unresolved requests to the next level as required, ensuring that staff is informed, and advising the LASP IT Manager as required.
• Performs basic account administration duties and keeps track of all user profiles in the Helpdesk ticket system. Prepares documentation on Helpdesk procedures and ensures that it is kept up-to-date.
• Participates in the training of new staff, casual employees and consultants. Ensures compliance with ITrelated policies through the implementation of effective and efficient Helpdesk and/or IT procedures. Drafts communication to laboratory staff to advise them of system failures or problems, as necessary.
• Bachelor's Degree in MIS, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience in professional systems administration
• Excellent and strong belief in customer service skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and varied user tools
• Working knowledge and experience with desktop computer hardware with experience in ordering and configuration
• Strong ability to handle multiple and concurrent tasks with frequent interruptions while maintaining professionalism, accuracy, and efficiency in each task
• Ability to lift 50 pounds
Due to U.S. Export Control Restrictions, only U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents by apply.
• Any familiarity with PowerShell, sh/bash/tcsh. Python, and/or Perl
• LANDesk administration skills or experience is a plus
• In depth experience in administration of at least two of the following:
- Microsoft Windows
- Mac OS X Sun Solaris 9 and 10
- L i n u x
Special Instructions to Applicants:The University of Colorado Boulder conducts background checks on all final applicants being considered for employment, prior to the issuance of an offer letter. The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To achieve this goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and an EPLS (Excluded Parties List System) check. The Immigration Reform and Control Act require that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
The University of Colorado is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University of Colorado does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation or political philosophy in its programs or activities, including employment admissions, and educational programs. Inquires may be directed to the Boulder Campus Title IX Coordinator by calling 303-492-2127. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals with disabilities by contacting Human Resources at [email protected]
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:Applicants must complete the Faculty/University Staff and EEO Data (application) form, and upload the following required documents: 1 - Cover Letter 2 - Curriculum Vitae This position is eligible for medical, dental and life insurance, retirement benefits programs, and is eligible for monthly vacation and sick leave accruals.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10060 - Lab Atmos/Space Physics
Posting Date: Jun 13, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Freya Olson
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00748632