Civil Engineer, Project Manager
Requisition # 2018-8907
Department PPPL Engineering and Infrastrc
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The Princeton University Plasma Physics Laboratory, a worldleading fusion energy research center under contract with the U. S. Department of Energy (DOE), invites applications for a Civil Engineer, Project Manager. The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control, and completion of facility infrastructure projects, ensuring consistency with organizational strategy, commitments, and goals. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party resources in order to deliver projects according to plan. The PM is expected to frequently engage with end user(s), PPPL, and DOE stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate awareness of project status and performance. The PM manages the full life cycle of assigned projects and assures that these projects are completed in accordance with PPPL and DOE policies, programs and procedures. The PM will provide expertise associated with their technical field to the Facilities and Site Services department contributing to departmental planning and daily operations.
- The Project Manager will be a key participant in developing project scope in addition to the cost and schedule baseline in accordance with PPPL design standards and industry standards.
- Ensure Laboratory ES&H policies and procedures are followed and implemented. Ensure Laboratory quality assurance and reliability requirements are met.
- Ensure project deliverables are being met on cost, schedule and with particular attention that the technical scope meets its objectives.
- Coordinate staff within the project to ensure the goals are met.
- Communicate accurate and reliable project status and performance issues to internal stakeholders.
- Achieve the project key performance parameters within targeted baseline completion schedules and total project costs.
- Identifies project issues and adverse trends and develops/implements timely and effective recovery plan(s) when needed.
- Manage and direct procurements, subcontracts, services, and other financial obligations necessary for completion of the Project.
- Identify and pro-actively manage project risks and develop cost and schedule contingency estimates and update the relevant stakeholders.
- Provide input on project documentation and on developing and maintaining contractor project documentation.
- Oversees project closeout including turnover to end user/operations and disposition of documents, records and materials/equipment.
- Conducts evaluations and documents lessons learned that can be applied to future PPPL projects.
- Develop and maintain a supportive work environment.
- Provides technical expertise associated with departmental planning and daily operations
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience.
- Strong foundation in project management principles and techniques; and principles of contract management.
- Demonstrated ability in cost estimating, tracking and scheduling techniques for capital projects.
- Use of strong oral and written communication, presentation and facilitation skills required.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills.
- Licensed Professional Engineer.
- Relevant experience managing government projects and contracts.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are, therefore, unable or limited in your ability to use or access this system, you can request a reasonable accommodation by calling a Human Resources team member at (609) 258-2101.
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory job offers are contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. The type and extent of background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening may vary depending on the requirements and/or functions of the job and the candidate's current employment status with Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory.
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is a residential community and an employer that operates continuously 24 hours a day. Essential services employees perform jobs that are necessary and required to maintain basic University operations during scheduled closures or unscheduled suspension of normal operations due to emergencies, events, or other situations. Essential services employees may be asked and/or required to perform jobs or duties that fall outside of their normal job classification during an emergency event. Learn more about our Essential Services policy.
Go to Princeton University careers site.