Dishwasher (As Needed)
UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO DENVER
CU South Denver location
Dishwasher (As Needed)
Position #2596 / Requisition 09794
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado South Denver is leading the way in offering market responsive educational programming in the fast-growing South Denver metro area. Designed for the community, CU South Denver enriches the lives and minds of ambitious achievers through applied learning experiences, educational activities and high-quality curriculum. CU South Denver is the University of Colorado's only location providing programming and expertise from all four CU campuses (Anschutz Medical Campus, Boulder, Denver and Colorado Springs). CU South Denver's facility includes technology-equipped classrooms, an art and natural history museum, event rental spaces and a world-class catering department. CU South Denver also aligns with business industries and community leaders to develop talent for workforce success. Located one mile east of I-25 along Lincoln Ave. in Lone Tree.
This position in our Events and Catering unit washes and properly stores all dishes, trays, eating utensils, cups and small equipment for the department, while maintaining the dish room and dish machine in a sanitary and organized condition. The Dishwasher must follow guidelines set by the University of Colorado, CU South Denver, Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, the Events & Catering Manager.
The Dishwasher is a part-time, as needed position and requires the flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays and can work a maximum of 19 hours per week.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Clean dishes, glassware, pots, pans, silverware and kitchen items including storage racks, floors, walls, dish area and any other items requested in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all levels for sanitizer on dish machine and pot sinks are at specific requirements for health standards.
- Keep utensil racks, dish storage area, mop room, banquet area, dish closets, glassware storage area, bake ware storage and any other storage areas for kitchen wares storage clean and orderly.
- Set up, break down, clean and polish dish machine, including arms, screens, traps and baskets.
- Clean and keep dish room area neat.
- Ensure all items are clean when put away.
- Inform management of any low product and if items are broken.
- Place all utensils, items, glassware, pots, pans and all other kitchen supplies in proper storage.
- Keep all lowerators clean, polished and neatly stored.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Events and Catering Manager or Assistant Manager and Executive Chef.
- May be assigned to work multiple stations throughout the shift.
- Implement and follow sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness and maintenance of kitchen and/or dining areas.
- Perform other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required from time to time.
- Participate in organized training and meetings to learn new aspects related to the job and retain current information on CU, events, and general campus operations.
- Ensure that applicable CU policies and Administrative Policy Statements are executed consistently and accurately in the Caf and in Catering.
- Present and maintain an organized, positive, and welcoming environment for all CU Denver South constituents.
- Respond to requests from guests, supervisors and management in a timely, professional and efficient manner.
- Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Chef, Events and Catering Manager, the Business Operations Director, or the Vice Chancellor of South Denver.
The hiring salary for this position is $12.00/hourly
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must be willing and able to stand and work in a fast paced environment for an entire shift.
- Must be willing and able to work in temperature extremes.
- Must be willing and able to work extended or irregular hours to include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be willing and able to lift up to 40 pounds on a regular basis.
Prior experience as a dishwasher.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to quickly and effectively meet the needs of customers who use the CU Denver South location for their events.
- Flexible work style and attitude with a willingness to work as a member of a fast-paced team.
- Ability to work productively under pressure.
- Knowledge and willingness to be trained about the resources offered and provided at all University of Colorado campuses.
- Ability to participate in a team environment.
- Ability to understand written and oral direction.
- Ability to communicate in the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to CU South Denver Human Resources at SouthDenverHR@ucdenver.edu
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. This posting may be used to fill multiple vacancies in the department. Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers, reference Requisition 09794. The Search Committee reviews applications and interviews on an as-needed basis. Applications will remain on file until the hiring department has an immediate need to review applications. Screening and interviews can be conducted at any point in time as the hiring department desires. Applications will remain on file for up to one year. Once a screening has occurred, applicants will be notified of their status.
Job Category: Facilities/Labor,Trades & Crafts
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 60140 - ADM-VCSD BusOpEvent/Cater/Cafe
Posting Date: Aug 31, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: CU South Denver Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00002596