Video Production Specialist - Public Affairs
Video Production Specialist
As part of the award-winning Video Services team in Public Affairs team, the Video Production Specialists will play a significant role in the development and implementation of strategic campus and unit marketing and public relations activities.
The Video Production Specialists will create videos that contribute to greater public awareness of the educational, research and engagement achievements of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. The Video Production Specialists will contribute to pre- through post-production of high quality videos for the university, its units, and its News Bureau.
The faculty, students, staff and alumni of the University of Illinois have great stories to tell. We're looking for two outstanding videographers to help us tell those stories in both long- and short-form productions.
- With Video Services colleagues, produce creative digital videos on a variety of subjects and in a timely manner, including filming, editing, graphics, audio balancing, etc.
- Contribute to creative solutions for campus and unit video needs that align with communications and marketing goals.
- Advise clients to set goals and expectations; create action plans to achieve their goals.
- Contribute to a library of stock video footage for the use of campus units in their in-house productions.
- Advise campus units on video recording/cinematography/quality assurance.
- Create News Bureau videos that highlight research, creations and innovations as addenda to news releases
- Maintain consistent Illinois branding in all productions.
- Learn and be prepared to explain to clients the campus marketing goals and branding requirements.
- Understand unit marketing goals and incorporate them in creative videos.
- Juggle multiple, concurrent projects and display excellent organizational skills.
- Mentor student interns and academic hourly employees who work as needed to assist with productions.
- Convert, encode and upload video for use on Internet, and for the use of media outlets (e.g., national halftime spots).
- Professionally represent Public Affairs in all interaction with campus constituencies.
- Bachelor's degree
- Two years of experience in video production
- Strong and demonstrable skills in visual storytelling, videography and editing; familiarity with software used in video production, editing, graphic creation, digital file storage and online delivery
- Demonstrable knowledge of current video production technology and tools.
- Creativity, storytelling ability, attention to detail, and the use of discretion and judgment are essential
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; effective interpersonal skills; working knowledge of accessibility requirements for video
- Operating knowledge of video editing software, audio-visual transcoder software, audio-syncing and noise reduction software, Social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat, etc.), Adobe: Photoshop, Media Encoder, Audition, After Effects
- Bachelor's degree.in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or a related field
- Premiere Pro, Izotope RX, Hand Brake, Black Magic cameras, other top-quality and cutting edge video equipment and software.
- Knowledge of the Urbana-Champaign campus academic and administrative structure. Skills/expertise in lighting, audio recording, motion graphics and animation
This is a full-time regular academic professional position. Start date is as soon as possible after the close of the search.
For full consideration, create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of application, a resume, submit links to up to three samples of your video production work, along with a description of your role in the production, and the names, addresses, emails and phone numbers of three professional references by close date June 27, 2018. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
For further information regarding application procedures, you may contact Pam Steele, Public Affairs, 217/333-5010 or [email protected]. For more information about Public Affairs, visit publicaffairs.illinois.edu.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Public Affairs
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Video Production Specialist - Public Affairs
Open Date: 06/13/2018
Close Date: 06/27/2018
Organization Name: Public Affairs