Education-Ed Prep - 132230
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
The primary mission of the Office of Educator Preparation Programs is to provide guidance and support for all programs leading to initial and advanced professional educator licensure in Texas. We work with multiple stakeholders to co-create informed, sustainable innovations in the preparation of profession-ready educators. By engaging in continuous improvement cycles to evaluate our procedures and practice, we not only ensure compliance with all relevant policies and standards, but actively seek out opportunities to improve access to learning for all.
The Office of Educator Preparation at the University of North Texas is seeking an Administrative Coordinator to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Provide administrative support to the Associate Dean for Educator Preparation (e.g., scheduling, travel and meeting coordination, correspondence).
* Handle and oversee Human Resources, Payroll, Timekeeping, Purchasing, Travel and Asset Inventory for the department and sub-departments (Clinical Practice Office and The President's EDGE Program).
* Take primary responsibility for annual budget forecasting, preparation, monitoring, and resolution.
* Review and monitor employee leave reporting.
* Coordinate hiring and onboarding for student teacher Cadre Coordinators and Field Supervisors.
* Communicate proactively and effectively with internal and external offices, departments, and partners.
* Supervise Graduate Student Assistants and Hourly Staff.
* Serve as a resource to faculty and staff for policy or procedural questions and make appropriate referrals and recommendations to ensure successful resolution of needs.
* Collaboratively work with partner school district Human Resources and Administrative staff to process Memoranda of Understanding documents.
* Ensure off-site locations for field-related courses are established and maintained in compliance with the Cleary Act.
* Be (or become) familiar with policies and able to assist with data retrieval and reporting related to all relevant accrediting bodies (Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation, State Board for Educator Certification, Texas Education Agency, SACS, etc.).
* Maintain reporting deadline schedule, supports accurate and timely submission of reports.
* Maintain and control access to filing system for department and sub-departments.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree and three years of highly responsible and varied office administration or business management experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Exceptional customer service skills.
* Advanced written communication skills.
* Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
* Knowledge of accounting/budgeting procedures.
* Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
* Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
* Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple programs and assignments effectively.
* Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness.
* Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
* Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Experience with PeopleSoft 9.0/9.2
* Experience with Enterprise Information System (EIS)
* Experience with ePro/ePar/Pcard/Concur Travel procedures
* Familiarity with UNT policies and procedures
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting