ERP Programmer Analyst I
ERP Programmer Analyst I
ERP Programmer Analyst I
IT Shared Services - 925000
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday, 8 am-5 pm
IT Shared Services (ITSS) is part of the Finance Division of The University of North Texas System. The mission of ITSS is simple: to be the best at delivering customer-aligned IT solutions and services. Our services are provided to all member institutions using an IT shared services governance model.
IT Shared Services provides the primary technology used by all campuses to support their operations. These include: shared resources of data centers, computing hardware, software applications, network and voice communications, collaboration and productivity capabilities, central web services, risk management, and security and compliance services. As a department, we strive to provide the most professional personnel possible to serve our campus constituents.
The University of North Texas is a state employer offering great benefits, including medical, dental, life, retirement, ample paid time off, and great work/life balance.
The IT Shared Services Department is looking to add an ERP Programmer Analyst I to their team. This position is involved in planning, organizing and controlling the activities of analysts and programmers in designing, developing, maintaining, and coordinating the operation of information systems to support the UNT, UNT health Science Center, UNT Dallas, and the UNT System. This position may periodically assist the Team Manager in the daily activities of the team by doing analytical, supervisory, and project management work, when needed and specifically assigned by the Team Manager. The person in this position is also involved in direct programming work for both new development and maintenance projects.
Additional responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
* Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
* Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation.
* Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
* Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
* Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
* Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
* Consult with customers about software system design and maintenance.
* Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met.
* Obtain and evaluate information on factors such as reporting formats required, costs, and security needs to determine hardware configuration.
* Determine system performance standards.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree with coursework in computing or information systems and three years of related computer programming experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
* Considerable knowledge of the methods and equipment used in electronic data processing, including system analysis and design, and computer programming techniques.
* Strong skill in writing programs for computer applications.
* Ability to analyze problems and develop solutions.
* Ability to perform detailed work accurately.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
* Ability to communicate clearly, succinctly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Knowledge of safe working procedures related to work performed.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualification:
* A strong understanding of SQL and relational databases
* Prior programming experience with PeopleSoft PeopleCode, SQRs and PeopleTools
* Experience with maintaining an ERP system or a major software package
* Experience in Financials functional areas such as General Ledger, Payables, Purchasing or Billing
* Basic knowledge of accounting principles
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary commensurate with experience
Quicklink for Posting