JOB NO.: 94912-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Categories: Academic Advising, Student Services/Support
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 94912-AS
Working Title: StudentPrint Advisor
Official Title: ASSOC STU SERV COORD(T25FN)
Hiring Department: A042610-DEAN OF STUDENTS/STUDENTPRINT/STDNTPRINT
Anticipated Begin Date: SEPTEMBER 24, 2018
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $47,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's Degree required, Master's degree preferred, from an accredited university or college. The degree is preferably in a business related field, graphics/design or student services.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
Minimum 2 years professional experience with Bachelor's Degree or Master's degree with 0-1 year experience. The experience is preferably in student services, retail, educational environment, small business or non-profit business.
1. Experience in budgeting, marketing and promotion, creative problem solving, personnel management, critical thinking and decision-making.
2. Familiarity with goals of workplace-based education, team-driven environments, and revenue generating operations and concerns.
3. Ability to work with students, staff, and faculty of varying backgrounds, interests and abilities in an atmosphere of mutual respect, and work with a student-run board of directors and staff.
4. Ability to facilitate exchange of ideas and assist students in translating ideas into plans and programs.
5. Ability to facilitate use of technology including printers, computers, software and other current technologies to best advantage.
6. Working knowledge of University purchasing and billing processes preferred.
7. Organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and details efficiently with interruptions.
License or certificate:
The StudentPrint associate student services coordinator (advisor):
- Serves as advisor to student team members who oversee the daily operations of the shop.
- Is responsible for facilitating and fostering a work environment focused on the core values of teamwork, diversity, learning and technology.
- Serves as a liaison between StudentPrint, the Associated Students of Madison staff, and the greater campus and Madison community.
- The StudentPrint Advisor facilitates skills necessary to manage a small business.
- Oversight is provided by the StudentPrint Board, a board of directors composed of student employees, alumni, and member(s) of ASM, UW-Madison's student government.
- The StudentPrint Advisor sits on the board in a non-voting ex-officio capacity.
- The ASM Staff and Program Director supervises the StudentPrint Advisor.
StudentPrint is a student run, self-sustaining print shop which functions as a non-profit small business. Students are ultimately responsible for the wellbeing of the business, which offers a full range of printing services including course reader and graphic design services. StudentPrint also provides ASM student bus pass distribution services.
The mission of the Division of Student Life is to cultivate, advance, and interconnect the academic, professional, personal, and social development of students and to champion a respectful, globally aware and diverse university community.
We actively advance social justice through our work and purposefully strive to offer an affirming environment for all. We are committed to creating working, learning, and living environments in which everyone has the opportunity to develop their potential and contribute fully to the university community.
The Division of Student Life promotes excellence by seeking diverse talent to join us in this important work. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
The university, the division and all departments are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers.
Instructions to applicants:
Please click on the Apply Now button to start the application process. Applicants should submit a current resume and a cover letter that addresses how their experiences and skills match the qualifications and responsibilities of this position. Finalists will be asked to provide a list of professional references.
PLEASE NOTE: The online application system locks out all applicants at 11:55 PM Central Standard Time on the application deadline date. Online submissions must be COMPLETED by 11:55 PM Central Standard Time on the deadline date.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Jun 13 2018 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Jul 11 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time