I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
The Division of Information Technology (it.gwu.edu) is the chief provider of technology infrastructure, services and applications at GW. The Division partners with stakeholders across GW to equip students, staff and faculty with the technology know-how and tools necessary to achieve academic excellence. Working in the Service & Contract Management unit, the Contracts Associate reports to the Assistant Director, Service Configuration Management.
This position will conduct detail review of legal contracts, agreements and software licenses for completeness, accuracy and conformity to standards. Review Platform as a Service (PaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS), hosting, cloud and professional service agreements, Statements of Work (SOW) and Service Level Agreements (SLA) using checklists and templates.
The Associate will utilize vendor management strategy, tactical work plans and maintain related databases in conjunction with other university departments consistent with university processes and strategies to enhance supplier performance and provide efficient vendor engagements. Specific responsibilities include:
• Audit all intake and incoming agreement review requests for completeness and ensure all required documentation is provided; Documenting business outcomes and connecting agreement terms to outcomes and requirements; Coordinate vendor sourcing and contract negotiations with university offices including procurement, general counsel and others.
• Prepare, proof and route contracts packets ensuring adherence to policy; Monitoring and tracking contracts from submission through to close out and prepares reports on agreement health and status; Build final contract packets with all supporting documents and approvals attached for routing for final signature; Compose necessary documentation.
• Provide summary to Contract POC prior to it being assigned for review
• Ensuring ratified agreements are obtained and placed in contract repository; monitor renewal dates and prepare reporting on status and health
• Support Contracts Group in providing Informational Sessions to new staff and periodical updates when needed
The Associate will also be responsible for coordinating software purchases, license management and resource pooling with other units within the university to maximize volume pricing. Maintain working knowledge of centrally managed software licenses and compliance needs.
This position will ensure the value of external engagements through facilitating and conducting periodic vendor and contract performance reviews (UC, OLA and SLA) to ensure maximum value realization. Drive efficiency through analysis of vendor related management reporting.
The position is based at GW's Virginia Science & Technology campus in Ashburn, VA but may require travel to travel between it and the University's Foggy Bottom Campus in Washington, DC.
The incumbent may perform other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.Minimum Qualifications:
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 2 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Master's degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
• Strong attention to detail with demonstrated excellence in effective and efficient analytical skills.
• Possess working understanding of contract terms and conditions.
• Independent accountability in meeting deadlines and goals with minimal supervision (i.e. self-motivated, effective at prioritization, and willing to meet critical deadlines)
• Proactive with strong personal initiative and inquisitive drive leading to problem resolution and accurate conclusions
• Excellent written and spoken communications and active listening skills.
• Ability to work successfully in a cross functional team environment through facilitated group meetings and discussions
• Superior assertiveness and diplomacy skills.
• Flexible constraint based negotiation experiences
• Understanding of IT specific industry trends and impacts on service delivery
• Asset, software management and ITSM tool experience, preferably Remedy ITSM, desired
• Certifications in Contract Management and Auditing, ITIL, Asset Management, Paralegal (desired)
• Strong experience with MS Word & MS Excel required and Adobe Acrobat. Proficient experience in MS PowerPoint.
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Ashburn, Virginia College/School/Department: Division of IT Family Compliance Sub-Family Contract Management Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 2 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday - Friday (8:00 AM - 5:30 PM) Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants:
Employer will not sponsor for employment Visa statusInternal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S007335 Job Open Date: 06/13/2018 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Does the professional experience section of your resume include months?
- * What is your expected salary range?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter