Health Disparities and/or Oncology Researcher
I. RECRUITMENT PLAN
Posting Number: F001325 Academic Title: Health Disparities and/or Oncology Researcher Rank: Associate Professor, Assistant Professor Administrative Title: Discipline Nursing Specialty: Contract Type: With Tenure, Tenure Track Required Licenses/Certifications and other Specific Requirements: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Proposed Start Date: 08/01/2018 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Position Description Summary:
The George Washington University School of Nursing invites applications for a new tenure or tenure-track faculty position with a research focus in oncology and/or health disparities.Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be expected to develop and maintain an externally funded research program, teach in graduate programs, advise doctoral students, and mentor students and faculty in research. All faculty members are expected to serve on Departmental, School, and/or University committees, as well as in a professional capacity in their field, and participate in service projects that address the School's mission.Minimum Qualifications:
• Earned PhD in nursing, public health, education or related field by date of application.
• Track record of external funding.
• Successful track record of peer-reviewed publications.
• Evidence of teaching excellence as demonstrated by course evaluation summaries.
• Strong methodological and statistical skills.
• Effective interpersonal communication and project management skills.
• Demonstrated experience working with and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment.
To be considered, please complete an online faculty application and upload the following documents: CV; letter of interest, research and teaching statement (max. 2 pages); two (2) samples of scholarly publications; and student evaluations from two courses. Please note that all documents related to each section must be combined and uploaded as one single document. Review of applications will begin on July 13, 2018 and will continue until positions are filled. Only complete applications will be considered.
All faculty hiring decisions will be contingent upon final approval by the Provost.Department Link: Posting Close Date: Open Until Filled: Yes Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.Quick Link http://www.gwu.jobs/postings/51854
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Will you have earned a doctorate in nursing, education, public health or a related field by the date of application?
- * Do you have a track record of external funding?
- * Do you have a successful track record of peer-reviewed publications?
- * Do you have evidence of teaching excellence as demonstrated by course evaluation summaries?
- * Do you have strong methodological and statistical skills?
- * Do you have effective interpersonal communication and project management skills?
- * Do you have demonstrated experience working with and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment?
- Curriculum Vitae
- Sample Publications
- Course Evaluations or Summaries
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Teaching and Research Interest