BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST, DINING SERVICES
BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST, DINING SERVICES
DS - Self Operations
Nature of Responsibilities:
Manage the day to day operations for the CBORD Food service Systems for all on-campus Duke Dining locations. Responsible for systems for analyzing/benchmarking, input, ongoing maintenance of Duke Dining's menus, recipes and nutritional information/content, retail pricing, meal plans to ensure all content is up-to-date, correct and market/industry relevant and equitable. Functionally responsible to Student Affairs Data Steward for adhering to University and Division data standards. Create and sustain a welcoming and trusted environment for students, staff, faculty and guest to rely on all CBORD information for allergen, nutrition, lifestyle and menu content. Support and carry out the vision and direction of Duke Dining.
1. Responsible for the management of the CBORD food management system including menu planning, nutritional analysis, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the CBORD systems. Develop and maintain appropriate database support for all CBORD modules. Review, recommend and perform changes required to meet current and future business requirements. Provide training to Duke Dining and vendor staff on the CBORD food management system and assign and maintain user groups and system documentation. Review and maintain nutritional and allergen information of all food products working closely with Duke Dietitian to maintain or enhance nutrition and /or allergen quality. Participate in menu development (e.g. new menus, seasonal menus etc.) to ensure nutritional and allergen analysis is completed and maintained. 40%
2. Establish quality checks and verification points for database accuracy. Adhere to University and Division data standards. Design and implement training for all end users on the CBORD modules and the CBORD generated management reports. Demonstrate effective working relationships with technical, operational, vendor clients. Work in collaboration with Student Affairs IT, Data Steward, CBORD, and Budget Office to provide system of reporting information, database issues, and testing of system upgrades and enhancements prior to implementation. Monitor established measurable standards of CBORD performance. Assess data from customer feedback of services quality. Monitor results and respond to findings to ensure continuous improvement in process and programs as well as high levels of satisfaction for students, guest and the Duke community. Develop, maintain, monitor, analyze an ongoing comprehensive retail pricing and meal plan comparison to the established market. 30%
3. Plan and conduct meetings with staff to ensure compliance with CBORD practices, and policies and to keep employees abreast of current changes and standards. Identify and analyze training needs and design and implementation programs to address deficiencies. Evaluate new products, services and technology for potential application within Duke Dining locations. In consultation with Student Affairs IT, develop, implement and maintain system back-ups and emergency recovery procedures for the department. Create and maintain creative, positive solution oriented attitude in the workplace. 20%
4. Represent the department as required on regional CBORD user group conferences, committees, task force and teams. Make presentations on departmental initiatives as required. Lead the development, implementation, maintenance and integration to CBORD users across sites. Stay abreast of trends and patterns within the industry and make recommendations for changes to the Dining program. 10%
Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Work requires communication, analytical and organizational skills generally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree. Experience: Work generally requires a minimum of two years of related experience within a large, comprehensive environment or retail dining operation. Three or more years of experience preferred.
Skills and Competencies:
• Ability to work as a member of a team; develop and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
• Excellent planning and organization skills, with proven ability to manage concurrent projects and processes
• Experience with CBORD or similar food management system
The preferred candidate will have demonstrated commitment to customer service; familiarity with food management systems; and a proven track record of success working within the policies and procedures of a large complex organization. Proven track record with the ability to work collaboratively with diverse internal and external constituencies. Ability to develop and analyze menus and recipes and excellent computer skills.
1701 BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a Bachelor's degree.
2 years combined business/work analyst, software QA, or usersupport/training experience,OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE.
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.