Legal Affairs - TITLE IX DEPUTY COORDINATOR
Vacancy ID S2280 Job Title TITLE IX DEPUTY COORDINATOR Department Legal Affairs School/Parent Organization Legal Affairs Parent Org Division Legal Affairs Division Employment Category Fulltime-Regular Anticipated start date 06/11/2018 If temporary, expected end date Hours per week 37.5 Weeks Per Year 52.2 Normal Start Time 8:30 am Normal End Time 5:00 pm Position/Job Summary
Reporting to the Title IX Coordinator, the Title IX Deputy Coordinator for Investigations, Training and Outreach works with the Title IX Coordinator to investigate sexual misconduct reports, respond to complaints of sexual misconduct, as defined under the University's Sexual Misconduct Policy and conducts Title IX trainings/presentations for the broader campus community.
Investigations: This position coordinates the daily responsibilities associated with conducting prompt, equitable, impartial and thorough administrative investigations into incidents of sexual misconduct. This includes the following:
• Developing an investigative plan for complaints and incident reports;
• Identifying and interviewing all involved parties and providing them with information about the investigatory process;
• Collecting and assessing all relevant information; ensuring a well-documented investigation process;
• Synthesizing and analyzing a large quantity of information to prepare an objective investigative report, ensuring all accepted issues are addressed, that the scope and depth of the investigation are sufficient, and the facts are adequately substantiated;
• Collaborating with the appropriate college offices during investigations;
• Maintaining accurate and thorough investigatory files and reports.
Training and Outreach: This position actively fosters and maintains a climate that is supportive of students and respectful of difference.
• Creates and presents training materials related to Title IX and the college's Sexual Misconduct Policies;
• Creates and facilitates (on-going) relevant Title IX training programs for faculty, staff, students, sexual assault administrative hearing officers, members of the sexual assault conduct review board, and sexual assault hearing advisors;
• Provides constructive feedback to training participants and maintains training records and reports along with measurable goals and objectives;
• Assists in facilitation on-line training opportunities for incoming and returning students.
Administration: This position assists the Title IX Coordinator in administrative responsibilities.
• Conduct and implements required surveys;
• Maintains NY State required reporting;
• Assists in collecting and reporting data needed for the Annual Security Report as it relates to Title IX;
• Participates in maintaining the SHARE website;
• Support the implementation and maintenance of a new database for Title IX;
• Remains knowledgeable of current state and federal law and regulations and trends in the field of education related to harassment and other discriminatory practices that violate Title IX;
• Participates/leads college committees as it relates to Title IX programming and policy.
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of three years related experience in the areas of in employment law, EO/AA, Title VII, Title IX investigations, or student conduct and experience developing and/or implementing training programs or an equivalent combination of education and experience; strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to effectively work and interact respectfully within a diverse and inclusive environment; ability to manage multiple, ongoing and complex caseload; excellent attention to detail, strong problem-solving skills and the ability to handle sensitive information with tact, diplomacy and confidentiality; strong presentation and facilitation skills with an emphasis on education and training for a variety of constituencies; demonstrated sensitivity and respect for diverse, academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, cultural backgrounds, disability and sexual orientation of students, faculty and staff are required. A master's degree and higher education experience preferred.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested applicants must apply online at http://ithaca.edu/jobs/ and attach a resume and cover letter. Questions about online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Screening of applications will begin immediately.
Work authorization (select one): Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position Department description College Description
At Ithaca College, a comprehensive residential campus community of 6,500 students, we strive to be at the forefront of the higher education landscape. We offer a distinct integrative learning experience that makes students ready for the personal, professional, and global challenges of our age.
We seek candidates who embrace integrative learning and want to be a part of this exciting time in Ithaca College history. We encourage creative collaboration and innovation in our faculty and staff, providing support and resources for them to grow in their fields and lead students to their own innovative ideas and achievements.
We welcome different ways of thinking and look for candidates with unique points of view and life experiences. We are inclusive of individuals with a wide range of cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds, talents, and skills. Our campus is a vibrant and rewarding community where diverse minds can learn, succeed, and excel.
When reviewing candidates, we are looking for indicators of a number of core competencies. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, responsive, results driven, and sustainable. They must communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership, exhibit professional integrity and ethics, take initiative, value personal and professional development, and show that they will engage in the college.
Nestled in the heart of New York State's scenic Finger Lakes region, Ithaca College sits atop South Hill overlooking picturesque Cayuga Lake and is just minutes away from the city center. Combining small town warmth and charm with the vibrancy of a college community, the thriving and culturally diverse city of Ithaca has been rated by Kiplinger's as one of the top 10 places to live in the United States.
To learn more about Ithaca College, visit us at http://ithaca.edu
Market Hiring Range $50,880 - $55,000 FLSA Status Exempt Is this position eligible for benefits? Yes
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Reference List
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).