RESEARCH TECHNICIAN II - Immunology
RESEARCH TECHNICIAN II - Immunology
Perform a variety of complex technical duties involved in maintaining ordinary laboratory function and conducting experiments in support of Duke University research operations under the PI's instructions.
- Order and maintain sufficient inventory of material, supplies and equipment for performance of duties;
- Set up instruments, material and apparatus and operate laboratory equipment required for specific tests.
- Prepare culture media, reagents and solutions.
- Maintain laboratory animals (mice only), track their usage, set up their mating and perform very basic genetic experiments.
- Genotyping and maintenance, ELISA, cell culture, PCR gels, mini preps, Cryocection, LCM Under the PI's instruction, perform a variety of molecular biology,biochemistry, cell biology, immunology and other research laboratory tests, experiments and determinations to obtain data for research purposes; compile, analyze, document and draw tentative conclusions from experimental results.
- Review laboratory animal protocols, methods manuals, scientific journals, abstracts and other literature for information applicable to research experiments.
- Review work of lower level laboratory personnel within designated areas and assist in training new personnel.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification.
- This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
951 RESEARCH TECHNICIAN II
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a bachelor's degree in botany, biology, zoology or other science related scientific field.
None required above education/training requirement. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.