Part-time Paraprofessional - Library Technician
Part-time Paraprofessional - Library Technician
Aims Community College at a Glance:
Aims Community College, locally governed, locally funded, is a debt-free and progressive community college with centralized administrative services located on the Greeley Campus, which supports three additional locations. Situated on the front range of the Colorado Rockies, serving over 8000 learners annually, Aims Community College prepares students for success in more than 200 degree and certificate programs. Our wonderful staff, faculty, and administration work as a team to ensure excellent service. This commitment was recognized by The Denver Post and Monster Jobs as the "Best Place to Work" in 2018!
Purpose: Build a Stronger Community
Vision: First Choice - The Recognized Leader in Learning and Student Success
Mission: Provide knowledge and skills to advance quality of life, economic vitality, and overall success of the diverse communities we serve.
2018-2023 Strategic Directions:
Empower Students to Succeed
Enhance Operational Performance
Enrich Northern Colorado Economic Development
The Technical & Paraprofessional - Library Technician provides library-related customer service to library users, including general circulation assistance, planning and preparation of reserve materials, inter-library loans, and account management. The position assists the Assistant Director, Library Services and Public Services Librarians with a variety of technical tasks, including, but not limited to digitization of library and college-wide documents, maintenance of digital and physical archives, creation and maintenance of LibGuides (Research Guides), materials processing, database accessibility monitoring, compiling collection and usage statistics, and collection inventory. The Library Technician performs other library services-related duties as assigned.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a part/full-time basis.
1. Associate's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Experience with Windows-based PC's and Microsoft Office Products.
3. Capable of prioritizing multiple tasks or requests while handling numerous interruptions.
4. Expertise using basic office equipment and productivity software; ability to learn how to use new software and equipment required for specific job assignment.
5. Ability to communicate effectively with students, staff and faculty, and function well in a team environment.
6. Excellent customer service skills.
7. Ability to handle confidential tasks and materials with discretion.
8. Able to work a flexible schedule to include evenings.
1. Library work experience, including experience working with an Integrated Library System, archiving software, large-format scanners, document cameras, label makers, and other library-related hardware and software
2. Community college work experience
Part-time - 25 hours/week
Open Until Filled
Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice: Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. The goal of Aims is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.
Screening/Selection: All applicants may apply on line at jobs.aims.edu. If you need assistance with this process please contact Human Resources.
Initial screening will be conducted by a committee based on completed application materials.
Please be prepared to submit the following if required:
• Cover Letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements,
• Diversity Statement (your personal statement on diversity),
• Teaching Philosophy (for faculty positions only) and,
• Transcripts (if applicable). Official transcripts will be required if hired.
o Faculty: Applicants must submit academic transcripts from an accredited institution. Applicants who have degrees from outside of the United States must request a credential evaluation of their transcript. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (www.naces.org) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (www.aice-eval.org) lists members who may be contacted for assistance in evaluating foreign credentials.
All application materials become the property of Aims Community College. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews.
Quicklink for Posting http://jobs.aims.edu/postings/3265
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * For recruitment statistics, please list where you found this job posting.
- Aims Website
- Internal Posting
- Personal Referral
- HigherEdjobs - Diversity and Inclusion
- Denver Post
- Greeley Tribune
- Local Newspaper Ad
- ACCT Executive Search
- Weld County Employment Service
- Other Source
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Professional Degree
- Cover Letter
- Diversity Statement
- Copy of Transcripts
- Other Document