Assistant Director, Sales and Marketing, Research Data Products
105 W. Adams
3034103 Bus-Ctr For Res Security Price
About the Unit
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to influencing business education and business practices. Since 1898, the school has produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. Their rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges. Chicago Booth has the finest set of facilities of any business school in the world. Each of the four campuses (two in Chicago, one in London, and one in Hong Kong) reflects the architectural traditions of its environs while offering a state-of-the-art learning environment. Chicago Booth is proud to claim: -an unmatched faculty. -degree and open enrollment programs offered on three continents. -a global body of nearly 50,000 accomplished alumni. - strong and growing corporate relationships that provide a wealth of lifelong career opportunities. As part of the world-renowned University of Chicago, Chicago Booth shares the University's core values that shape the distinctive intellectual culture. At Booth, they constantly question and test ideas, and seek proof. This extraordinarily effective approach to business leads to new ideas and innovative solutions. Seven of the Booth faculty members have won Nobel Prizes for these ideas - the first business school to achieve this accomplishment. For more information about the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, please visit: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/
The Assistant Director of Sales and Marketing, Research Data Products primary responsibilities include functions that support the development of new business and establishing relationships with prospects throughout the sales process in addition to contributing to the ongoing marketing efforts. This role participates in budgetary planning for areas of accountability and influences conference scheduling and participation. This role must have a strong understanding of CRSP data products and knowledge of the market data industry as a whole. The Assistant Director of Sales and Marketing must be a self-starter, take initiative and work independently and across teams. This role must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills as this person will work closely across departments and throughout all levels of the organization.
- Subscriptions: Generates new sales and see the business process through, from lead generation to the close.
- Partners with Client Relationship Managers to manage and maintain account relationships with existing clients.
- Holds a primary role in the development of prospective clients.
- Collaborates with the Manager of Licensing & Compliance through the contract phase of licensing.
- Coordinates with the Business Office to ensure effective invoicing and delivery of products.
- Collaborates with research, programming and Client Services technical support staff as necessary.
- Represents CRSP at conferences and other client/prospect centric gatherings and events (travel and evening/weekend activity will be required).
- Responsible for coordinating conference contracts and agreements and arranging exhibit-related details including booth and shipping details, registrations, and other related tasks.
- Marketing: Partners with other externally facing colleagues and plays a key role in developing content for conferences and sales purposes.
- Initiates lead communications.
- Works with external-facing leadership in providing market analysis used for understanding risks and opportunities.
- Assists the Senior Director of Client Services in the preparation of Strategic Marketing Plan and holds a key role in executing this plan.
- Maintains client and prospect related information in Salesforce, and utilizes appropriate additional tools as required to track leads, log communications, and build relevant management reports.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Degree in finance or economics preferred.
- At least five year of related work experience required.
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication/language skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across departments, in team situations as well as independently, required.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to coordinate multiple activities simultaneously required.
- Demonstrated initiative and proactive work habits required.
- Competence in navigating licensing agreements, ability to communicate knowledgably with CRSP counsel, leadership, and licensees required.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with leadership to build market intelligence and influence product offerings and market opportunities required.
- Mastery of MS Office applications required
- Mastery of business solution applications preferred (Salesforce), or demonstration of the ability to master prior to employment, required.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with others, especially the members of the Client Services Group, as well as independently on projects and individual tasks required.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and effectively communicate with customers and/or users at all times required.
- Demonstrated ability to develop basic proficiency and familiarity with CRSP Data Products and tools to effectively communicate with sophisticated end users in a variety of situations, and to demonstrate effectively in sales/conference environments required.
- Reasonable travel for conference representation required, including some international travel.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial data and products preferred.
- Cover letter
Note: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
Depends on Qualification
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/