Coordinator, International Programs
*Cover letter is required with application.*
Summary: The Coordinator for International Programs assists the Associate Dean for International Affairs and the Director of Graduate Programs in supporting international candidates and students through the enrollment process and while enrolled. Works with a wide range of International Program activities and assists in admissions by interacting with candidates for all international graduate programs in a range of contexts and purposes. Provides positive and relevant communication and experiences for candidates whether they are prospects, admitted candidates, or students of the law school, especially international students. Primarily responsible for administering the study abroad programs, including promotion and marketing, registration, and coordination for faculty and students. Works with event planning resources in the office of admissions and the law school to implement a range of events, including orientation activities for international students and information sessions for students interested in study abroad.
- Facilitates the entire study abroad function for the law school from recruitment, application processing, and communication.
- Helps to organize and execute the orientation program for incoming international students.
- Develops resources to aid international students in the transition to Winston Salem.
- Advises candidates on a full range of topics related to enrollment and Wake Forest, including visa processing, course registration, housing, the admissions application, parking, and others.
- Supports the graduate programs enrollment efforts of the law school.
- Implements programming for orienting and maintaining positive relationships with matriculating students.
- Communicates with prospective, admitted, and enrolled students.
- Assists students in a variety of manners, during their enrollment, to ensure successful studies at Wake Forest University Law.
- Communicates with alumni to build positive relationships and manages the alumni database.
- Interviews candidates in person or electronically.
- Reports on data findings.
- Counsels candidates and students on admission and financial aid matters in conjunction with the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid.
- Maintains candidate contact reports in database.
- Manages International Programs social media accounts and email campaigns.
- Assists with database processing, file management, billing, mailings, and other administrative tasks as needed.
- Collaborates and coordinates with the various offices of the law school to ensure smooth program administration and student services.
- Works in collaboration with the Graduate Programs office to provide additional support to the Online Master of Studies in Law and other online programs program as needed.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Computer proficiency, especially regarding the use of MS Office products, email, database maintenance, and survey software.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills as it relates to candidate service and interaction and working collaboratively with a team.
- Experience utilizing social media for marketing and communication purposes.
- Strong writing skills required to produce high quality marketing/communication materials.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Experience working with and supporting international students highly.
- Knowledge of the law school application process and law school experience.
- Responsible for own work.
Note: This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States