Coordinator for New Student Transitions and First Year Experience
Functional Title Coordinator for New Student Transitions and First Year Experience
Position Type Administration - Staff
The Coordinator has the following duties and responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Oversight for the recruitment, selection, training and supervision of the Spartan Orientation Staff;
-Help plan and implement various aspects of SOAR including, but not limited to, check-in, SOS programming, and publications.
- Assist with the solicitation of sponsors in support of student leader training and programming activities;
-Coordinate all aspects of the staff attendance at the Southern Regional Orientation Workshop (SROW).
-Collaborate with campus partners to successfully implement online orientation for online degree seeking students.
- Monitor budget expenditures for area funds;
- Supervise one Graduate Assistant, one Summer Graduate Intern and 30 Student Leaders;
- Serve on departmental, divisional, and/or university-wide committees in support of student transition, success, and retention;
- Provide support to the Assistant Director for New Student Transitions & First Year Experience and other office functions;
- Other duties as assigned to ensure the fulfillment of the New Student Transitions & First Year Experience mission.
This position will directly supervise one graduate assistant, one summer graduate intern, and 30 undergraduate student leaders. This position operates with a limited level of both discretion and independence of actions related to the day to day operation for student leadership development with lower levels of both related to larger/broader issues which have campus-wide implications, such as policies.
Master's degree from a four year university or college in the area of higher education administration, college student personnel, student development, or related field completed by June 2, 2018.
Experience in developing and implementing programs in support of student transition, success and retention. Ability to create and deliver effective presentations/workshops to diverse audiences.
Previous supervision and/or advising experience preferred.
Basic knowledge of technologies including word processing, spreadsheets, email, PowerPoint and social media highly preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants are required to upload the following documents with their electronic application:
- List of References
Applicants are required to upload a list of references of at least three (3) professional references that includes:
- Company Name
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
Applications are not successfully submitted until an online confirmation number has been received at the end of the application process.
Recruitment Range $38,000 - $40,000
Org #-Department New Student & Spartan Family Prog - 44601
Job Open Date 06/13/2018
For Best Consideration Date 06/27/2018
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment Permanent
Number of Months per Year 12
- List of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship?
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu