Assistant Coach, Women's Basketball
Job no: 493591
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Department: Women's Basketball
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department Women's Basketball
Position Type Staff Full-Time
Responsible for much of the management and administration of the intercollegiate Women's Basketball program within the guidelines, rules, and regulations of Robert Morris University, Northeast Conference, and the NCAA.
- Use expert technical knowledge of the sport of Women's Basketball to assist in the development and coaching of a successful program, including the development of high quality student-athletes. This includes: Monitor and advise all students in the women's basketball program on issues of academic achievement, scheduling, tutoring, and study table. Responsible for all planning and execution of team travel logistics, including transportation, lodging, meals, and meetings. Participate in video analysis of team competition and practice, including mastery of state-of-the-art digital video editing systems. Participates in team and individual player development through practices, film study, and in-game instruction. Work closely with the athletic training staff to ensure the health and safety of student-athletes.
- Assist in the effort to recruit quality student-athletes from geographically and demographically diverse populations. This includes: Travel to evaluate prospective student-athletes. Arrange all campus visitations in collaboration with the Office of Enrollment Management. Assist in the provision of all correspondence with prospective student-athletes, coaches, and parents.
- Administrative Duties, including: Assist the Head Coach in the performance of public relations and fundraising duties as needed. Assist in ensuring program compliance with all NCAA, Northeast Conference and University rules, including completion of required Compliance documentation and timely reporting of all known violations to the Director of Athletics or Associate Athletic Director for Compliance.
- All other duties as assigned. On occasion may need to drive on behalf of the University. Must be available by phone and email after typical business hours.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- At least three years of coaching, or collegiate playing experience in the sport of basketball required.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Commitment to student-athlete welfare, academic success, NCAA/University rules.
- Valid Driver's License is required.
Exemption Status Exempt
Act 153 Clearance Required Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check No
Additional Posting Information None
Special Applicant Instructions None
Advertised June 13, 2018 Eastern Daylight Time
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY
Robert Morris University (RMU), founded in 1921, is one of the leading universities in the Pittsburgh region. RMU provides a professionally focused education with an emphasis on engaged learning and is one of the most affordable private doctoral-level institutions in Pennsylvania. The University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. In 2016, for the first time in its history, RMU was ranked nationally by U.S. News and World Report. In 2017, RMU had among the biggest increases of all national universities in the U.S. News and World Report annual "Best Colleges" rankings released, rising 12 spots to No. 176.
Robert Morris University is dedicated to changing the lives of its students and employees so that they can go out and change the lives of others. The University combines academic excellence with a professional focus offering numerous undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degree programs. In 2011, Robert Morris University was named as a "Top Workplace" by the Pittsburgh Post Gazette , which names the best places to work in the Greater Pittsburgh region.
RMU offers faculty members an environment where teaching, research and service are supported and valued.
RMU's main campus in Moon Township features 230 rolling acres and provides all the benefits of a traditional university campus, just minutes from the airport and downtown Pittsburgh.
INSTITUTIONAL EQUITY VISION STATEMENT
At Robert Morris University, we believe that institutional equity reflects our continued commitment to a community where everyone is both valued and respected. Institutional equity encompasses racial, ethnic, gender and religious diversity, cultural perspectives, national origin, sexual orientation, physical ability, as well as socioeconomic contexts, and educational backgrounds. We are dedicated to developing a diverse population by fostering an environment where intellectual and social growth, individual perspectives, and all human experiences are valued. We strive to be an inclusive community that celebrates and embraces differences as a means of responding to the cultural and social demands of a global society. Inherent in our inclusion efforts is a strong commitment to intercultural and global education to produce and include citizens who will serve as educational, social, economic and cultural ambassadors to the world. Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Visit RMU's Office of Diversity, Inclusion and Equity