Head Coach, Strength and Conditioning
Job no: 493590
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Department: Athletics Strength and Conditioning
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department Athletics Strength and Conditioning
Position Type Staff Full-Time
Responsible for the management and administration of the intercollegiate Strength and Conditioning program within the guidelines, rules, and regulations of Robert Morris University, the Northeast Conference, and the NCAA.
- Use expert technical knowledge of Strength and Conditioning to develop a successful program, including the development of high quality student-athletes, as well as demonstrating athletic excellence. This includes: Organize, supervise, and instruct with a hands-on approach the conditioning and workouts for the athletes in the various intercollegiate programs in the Department. Design of programs should be tailored to the strength and conditioning needs of each specific sport. Work closely with the athletic training staff to ensure the safety and health of student-athletes. Demonstrate a cooperative attitude toward all sports within the RMU intercollegiate athletics program. Responsible for the development, review and supervision of assistants and interns in their work with various athletic teams. Establish a leadership/mentor role among student-athletes and other supportive staff while promoting sportsmanship and responsible behavior both during and outside of athletic competition.
- General administrative duties, including: Assist with the preparation and control of, and operate within, the financial budget established for the program. Make recommendations to the Director of Athletics regarding procurement of needed training equipment within budgetary guidelines.
- All other duties as assigned. On occasion may need to drive on behalf of the University. Must be available by phone and email after typical business hours.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience in coaching Strength and Conditioning is required.
- Commitment to student-athlete welfare and academic success.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Commitment to NCAA and University rules.
- Must have and maintain a certification with the NSCA or other certification that meets NCAA minimum requirements.
- Current certification in CPR/AED.
Exemption Status Exempt
Act 153 Clearance Required Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check Yes
Additional Posting Information None
Special Applicant Instructions None
Advertised June 13, 2018 Eastern Daylight Time
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY
Robert Morris University (RMU), founded in 1921, is one of the leading universities in the Pittsburgh region. RMU provides a professionally focused education with an emphasis on engaged learning and is one of the most affordable private doctoral-level institutions in Pennsylvania. The University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. In 2016, for the first time in its history, RMU was ranked nationally by U.S. News and World Report. In 2017, RMU had among the biggest increases of all national universities in the U.S. News and World Report annual "Best Colleges" rankings released, rising 12 spots to No. 176.
Robert Morris University is dedicated to changing the lives of its students and employees so that they can go out and change the lives of others. The University combines academic excellence with a professional focus offering numerous undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degree programs. In 2011, Robert Morris University was named as a "Top Workplace" by the Pittsburgh Post Gazette , which names the best places to work in the Greater Pittsburgh region.
RMU offers faculty members an environment where teaching, research and service are supported and valued.
RMU's main campus in Moon Township features 230 rolling acres and provides all the benefits of a traditional university campus, just minutes from the airport and downtown Pittsburgh.
INSTITUTIONAL EQUITY VISION STATEMENT
At Robert Morris University, we believe that institutional equity reflects our continued commitment to a community where everyone is both valued and respected. Institutional equity encompasses racial, ethnic, gender and religious diversity, cultural perspectives, national origin, sexual orientation, physical ability, as well as socioeconomic contexts, and educational backgrounds. We are dedicated to developing a diverse population by fostering an environment where intellectual and social growth, individual perspectives, and all human experiences are valued. We strive to be an inclusive community that celebrates and embraces differences as a means of responding to the cultural and social demands of a global society. Inherent in our inclusion efforts is a strong commitment to intercultural and global education to produce and include citizens who will serve as educational, social, economic and cultural ambassadors to the world. Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Visit RMU's Office of Diversity, Inclusion and Equity