Job no: 493589
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Department: Athletics Training
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department Athletics Training
Position Type Staff Full-Time
Serves as athletic trainer for the intercollegiate varsity program within the guidelines, rules and regulations of Robert Morris University and the NCAA.
- Develops and conducts athletic training programs to prevent, treat, and rehabilitate physical injuries during practices, games, and at other times as indicated. This includes: Administering exercises and controlled therapeutic modalities to treat or rehabilitate injuries as instructed by the team physician, including heat, ice, ultrasound, and other modalities as indicated. Making initial diagnoses regarding injuries that occur outside the presence of a physician, with referral to the team physician when indicated. Is present at team practices and competition during the assigned team's competition season, including accompanying the team on trips for competition away from campus.
- Administrative functions, including: Serves as a primary liaison between the Athletic Department and medical personnel in arranging for evaluation and treatment of injuries that require specialty care. Supervises the referral of students to the University Health Center or Counseling Center as indicated. Prepares and maintains documentation of student-athlete injuries and treatments, including medical documentation as well as weekly progress reports of injury status for use by team coaches. Engaged in the documentation required for the processing of insurance claims.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned. On occasion may need to drive on behalf of the university. Must be available by phone and email after typical business hours.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Two years of athletic training experience preferred.
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- Commitment to student-athlete welfare and University/NCAA rules.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Athletic Training Certification (NATA) required and eligible for PA State Certification.
Exemption Status Exempt
Act 153 Clearance Required Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check No
Additional Posting Information None
Special Applicant Instructions None
Advertised June 13, 2018 Eastern Daylight Time
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY
Robert Morris University (RMU), founded in 1921, is one of the leading universities in the Pittsburgh region. RMU provides a professionally focused education with an emphasis on engaged learning and is one of the most affordable private doctoral-level institutions in Pennsylvania. The University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. In 2016, for the first time in its history, RMU was ranked nationally by U.S. News and World Report. In 2017, RMU had among the biggest increases of all national universities in the U.S. News and World Report annual "Best Colleges" rankings released, rising 12 spots to No. 176.
Robert Morris University is dedicated to changing the lives of its students and employees so that they can go out and change the lives of others. The University combines academic excellence with a professional focus offering numerous undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degree programs. In 2011, Robert Morris University was named as a "Top Workplace" by the Pittsburgh Post Gazette , which names the best places to work in the Greater Pittsburgh region.
RMU offers faculty members an environment where teaching, research and service are supported and valued.
RMU's main campus in Moon Township features 230 rolling acres and provides all the benefits of a traditional university campus, just minutes from the airport and downtown Pittsburgh.
INSTITUTIONAL EQUITY VISION STATEMENT
At Robert Morris University, we believe that institutional equity reflects our continued commitment to a community where everyone is both valued and respected. Institutional equity encompasses racial, ethnic, gender and religious diversity, cultural perspectives, national origin, sexual orientation, physical ability, as well as socioeconomic contexts, and educational backgrounds. We are dedicated to developing a diverse population by fostering an environment where intellectual and social growth, individual perspectives, and all human experiences are valued. We strive to be an inclusive community that celebrates and embraces differences as a means of responding to the cultural and social demands of a global society. Inherent in our inclusion efforts is a strong commitment to intercultural and global education to produce and include citizens who will serve as educational, social, economic and cultural ambassadors to the world. Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Visit RMU's Office of Diversity, Inclusion and Equity