Job ID: 43724
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Procurement Services - A department within the Finance and Administration Division seeks applications for the position of Purchasing Card Administrator.
The successful candidate must possess the ability to communicate effectively with management, ability to act in a self-confident manner, ability to produce a high degree of accuracy in work, ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion in handling confidential information, demonstrated ability to work on concurrent tasks in a fast-paced environment while effectively prioritizing and coordinating work assignments, and willingness and ability to establish and maintain effective and cordial working relationships at all organizational levels.
The University Purchasing Card Administrator is responsible for the administration of the University Purchasing Card (P-Card) program, analyzing and monitoring program effectiveness, and reinforcing the control environment to insure compliance of University policies and procedures. This position provides direct support and training to University cardholders and their approvers and acts as liaison to the bank. Responsible for University P-Card website maintenance.
• Supports cardholders by processing applications for new cards, updating cardholder information, issuing waivers, inactivating lost/stolen cards, and processing card cancellations.
• Serves as main point of contact for customer service requests including after-hours assistance, as necessary.
• Acts as a liaison between cardholders and the bank to resolve problems and assist with possible fraud investigations.
• Maintains required documentation for purchasing card issuance, credit limit increases, and approvals to ensure compliance with all related University policies and procedures.
• Creates, develops, and delivers cardholder training programs; works to increase efficiency through online training and support modules.
• Develops efficient and effective relationships between program's functions and other programs and functions within the University (i.e. A/P, Audit, Sponsored Projects and Procurement).
• Maintains and improves the website information for University P-Card.
• Explores ways to maximize rebate potentials for the University.
• Reviews and investigates purchasing card issues taking appropriate action and providing feedback to appropriate personnel.
• Prepares P-Card metrics for management.
• Analyzes assigned purchasing card spend to ensure University is receiving maximum value for procurement dollars.
• Performs account audits to detect potential fraud or liability; recommends and implements approved changes to program security.
• Audits cardholder transactions to ensure compliance with policies and follows up with cardholders and their managers regarding policy exceptions.
• Manages documentation procedures for cardholder violations and recommends course of action in compliance with University policies and procedures.
• Provides reports to departments on card usage and recommendations for card limits.
• Reviews purchasing card supplier options and provides recommendations on best value solution provider.
• Evaluates purchasing card program effectiveness and implements improvements.
• Establishes and executes plans to achieve strategic program objectives by developing department level and administrative level processes, systems, and policies for the purchasing card program.
• Works with University departments and senior leadership to achieve purchasing card program objectives.
• Develops tactical plans to achieve purchasing card program objectives.
• Works with other universities and/or other organizations on collaborative opportunities with purchasing card functionality.
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization in Financial Administration, Business, Economics, Procurement, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or related majors and four years of progressive relevant experience; or a high school diploma or equivalent and eight years of relevant experience. (Note: Higher education may substitute for experience at an equivalent rate.)
• High level of commitment to customer service and teamwork using diplomacy.
• Possesses a strong customer focus, as demonstrated by flexible and enthusiastic approach to work assignments and new learning opportunities.
• Skilled in conflict resolution.
• General Knowledge of procurement and project management functions.
• Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), email and internet.
• Ability to learn new software applications.
• Ability to demonstrate effective communication skills both verbal and written; skill in negotiations.
• Ability to develop, analyze and interpret policy and procedures.
• Ability to develop and deliver effective training.
Prefer candidates who have proven track record in analytical and prioritization skills; exceptionally strong written/verbal communication skills; proven track record of results versus commitments; demonstrated ability to work independently and produce results with minimum direction (resolve 80% of issues without escalation); the ability to exercise creative and critical thinking in evaluating situations and developing solutions; to use internal and external resources to independently develop solutions considering customer's capabilities and limitations; to facilitate stake-holder sessions to achieve consensus and collaboration; to synthesize information into succinct, concise and logical summaries and reports.
• Strong analytical capabilities, high degree of presentation skills.
• Familiarity with a banking card program in a higher education institution.
• Familiarity working with Financial Institutions, to include contract formation, understanding terms and conditions and contract execution.
In your search for this next step in your career, you'll be amazed at the career opportunities, challenges, and innovation that only a world-class university can provide. The additional benefits such as unparalleled Florida State health and retirement plans make Florida State University an ideal place to work!
One of the nation's elite research universities, Florida State University offers a distinctive academic environment built on its cherished values and unique heritage, championship athletics, and prime location in the heart of the state capital. People choose to work at Florida State University for many reasons, and there are even more reasons why they stay for a career. At FSU, there's the excitement of being part of a vibrant academic and professional community, surrounded by people whose ideas are shaping tomorrow's news.
Anticipated Salary Range
The annual salary range is $45,000 to $55,000. Actual salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
This is an A&P (Administrative and Professional) position.
If not otherwise specified, schedule is M-F, 8-5.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
This position requires annual Financial Disclosure based on Florida Statutes 112.3144 and 112.3145. Additional information regarding Financial Disclosure requirements can be found on the Florida Commission of Ethics site at: http://www.ethics.state.fl.us/FinancialDisclosure/Index.aspx
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
Tobacco Free Campus
Effective January 1, 2014, tobacco use, including simulated tobacco use, is prohibited on property, interior and exterior, owned or managed by Florida State University. This policy applies to all Florida State University students, employees, consultants, contractors, visitors, and external individuals.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf