Internal Communications Manager
The People and Talent Communications Manager will be responsible for creating inspiring communications to WGU employees, managing complex issues with urgency and sound judgment, and developing communications strategies that ensure large, multi-faceted projects are implemented successfully. This position will partner closely with different teams and leaders across WGU’s People and Talent organization, and the Corporate Communications team while demonstrating the ability to solve complex problems and to maintain a flexible and solution-oriented mindset. This position will put communication plans into action, creating and crafting compelling written and visual communications for multiple audiences while using different channels including the WGU Intranet. This position will track the effectiveness of our communication plans and strategies, and apply the learnings to make the communications process more efficient for future projects. This position will work effectively with teammates and internal clients alike, influence at all levels, take feedback with grace and incorporate it quickly, and maintain willingness to pitch in on projects outside of the core role in order to help advance WGU’s mission and vison. S/he reports to the Director of Learning and Talent Development.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, develop, and execute communication strategies for People and Talent.
- Advise key internal stakeholders on employee experience and culture initiatives ensuring alignment with the WGU’s Mission, Vision and Leadership Principles.
- Understand and anticipate communication and change plan risks and take action to address as appropriate.
- Partner with Corporate Communications and Marketing for cohesive communications across WGU.
- Develop a comprehensive master calendar for People and Talent for consistent communications and activities.
- Lead the communications strategy and implementation for people initiatives from beginning to end.
- Track effectiveness of communication plans and change course as needed.
- Create and advise on high quality, compelling communications at the organizational level, for a variety of channels (e.g. email, presentations, posters, live events, videos, internal websites, social media etc.).
- Track effectiveness of communication campaigns and manage feedback channels for continuous improvement.
- Manage WGU employee recognition programs and strategies
- Proven consulting skills with the ability to work across all levels of an organization successfully advising, guiding, and influencing key stakeholders.
- Exceptional and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong trusted relationships and foster collaboration and team work.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills using a structured approach.
- Demonstrated change management communication skills related to employee experience.
- Project management experience.
- Ability to extract, assess, and simplify information from a variety of sources to present in a clear manner, using a variety of communication channels.
- The ability to generate and implement innovative ideas to engage and inform stakeholders.
- Strong survey writing and development skills.
- Possess strong understanding of current/future workplace trends that impact a highly diverse employee base.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, etc.).
- Adobe Creative Cloud experience preferred.
- Minimum of two years of human resources experience in any discipline.
- Five or more years of internal communication, writing, change management, learning and development, talent management, or similar comparable experience.
- BA/BS Degree, Master's Degree Preferred in Communications, English, Change Management or similar preferred.
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States