The University of Miami Space Management & Analysis department is seeking a Space Planner/Analyst. The incumbent will work closely with the Director of Space Management & Analysis to support the institutional planning activities and space management of the University. This position will assist in managing the University’s space inventory and support space utilization, allocation, and planning initiatives. The individual will also assist in analyzing and reporting on space use patterns & projections, assessing program efficiency, as well as space utilization. The incumbent will work closely with consultants, project managers, and stakeholders to support the University’s planning initiatives. The incumbent must have well developed interpersonal and organizational skills and will be required to coordinate responsibilities with a high level of independence and maintain confidentiality of sensitive data. The position requires an individual who is proficient in AutoCAD, facilities management software, data management, reporting, and possesses the ability to present information in a clear and effective manner.
Specifically, the Space Planner/Analyst will:
- Conduct space surveys and planning studies for all University areas and at all campuses; report and document any inappropriate use of space to the Director as these studies are being conducted and recommend corrective action; implement such corrective action and ensure completion.
- Regularly interact with department system users and others at varying levels to coordinate and complete internal and external surveys to gather data and obtain planning and programming information. This information may come from a variety of sources including but not limited to user interviews, space surveys, and bench marking studies.
- Assist in the development of standards and guidelines for space policies and procedures. Promote these standards throughout the Institution.
- Evaluate improvement opportunities for existing drawing, data management systems, and for metrics available to analyze space.
- Assist other members of the Office of Space Management & Analysis in developing new processes for allocating space among University departments in a structured and consistent manner.
- Monitor the integrity of, verify, and update University space data and CAD drawings from information gathered through surveys and other means.
- Assist in training appropriate personnel on the use of the University’s space management system.
- Generate test fits for space and relocation projects in graphic and tabular form. Prepare supporting documentation for relocations; integrate principals of efficient space utilization into proposals.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Space Management.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Architecture, Engineering, Planning or related field is required.
- Two or more years of progressively responsible related experience, preferably in a University or Academic Medical Center setting.
- Exposure to Business Intelligence (BI) tools, reports, dashboards, and data models preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on spreadsheet software.
- Proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite or comparable software to produce presentations and reports.
- Ability to work in a complex organizational environment.
- Knowledge of architectural, engineering and construction technology and terminology.
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment.
- Well-developed communication skills and a high level of discretion is a must.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is required.
Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed, to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Management reserves the right to revise duties as needed. The employee is ultimately responsible for informing management of their training needs and attending courses for professional development. Management reserves the right to advise on required training.Apply online. Position #P00002103
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Come join us!]]>