Since its establishment in 1948 as the first collegiate nursing program in South Florida, the SONHS has evolved into a world class healthcare education and research enterprise, educating students in nursing and health studies at the bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels. The school’s scientific portfolio encompasses an array of high-impact interdisciplinary research projects that promote evidence-based care, improve patient safety, addressing health disparities, and inform health systems and health policy. The new five-story, 41,000-square-foot state-of-the-art Simulation Hospital is one of the nation’s first education-based facilities replicating fully functioning hospital, clinic and home health care environment; it serves as a hub for education and research activities. The postdoctoral fellow will assist with planning, implementation, and dissemination of research. The postdoctoral fellow will be mentored toward independence as a nurse research.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work with SONHS faculty on existing or newly developed research projects
· Assist with data management and analysis
· Prepare manuscripts, grant proposals, and conference presentations; and leadership of interdisciplinary research groups.
· Prepare grant applications
· Participate in interdisciplinary research groups
· In collaboration with faculty, conduct mentored research
· Assist in training and supervision of graduate and undergraduate students and study staff
· Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Experience in human subjects researchApply online. Position #P100005774
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Come join us!]]>