Assistant or Associate Professor of Accounting
POSITION: Assistant or Associate Professor of Accounting
COLLEGE: College of Business
The College of Business (COB) at California State University, Monterey Bay (CSUMB) seeks outstanding candidates for a tenure-track position in Accounting at the Assistant or Associate Professor rank, beginning Spring or Fall 2019.
CSUMB is the 21st campus of the CSU system and provides over 7,000 students an extraordinary opportunity to learn on a residential campus just one mile from the shores of Monterey Bay. Its diverse student body receives personal attention in small classes while pursuing degrees in 25 undergraduate and eight graduate majors. In 2013, the University’s President formed the COB with a primary goal of pursuing AACSB International accreditation. In 2015, the COB moved into a new state-of-the-art building to serve its more than 1,000 undergraduate students enrolled in its two BS degree programs (Business Administration and Sustainable Hospitality Management). The online MBA has over 200 graduate students and is the largest graduate program on campus. The COB also hosts the Institute for Innovation & Economic Development (iiED) and is a partner in the Small Business Development Center.
- Facilitating engaged learning to promote student success in an outcomes-based education environment.
- Developing an effective curriculum that implements best teaching practices in accounting education.
- Maintaining Scholarly Academic (SA) status consistent with AACSB standards through continuous scholarly activities.
- Participating actively and exercising collaborative peer leadership in college-level and university-level administrative committees.
- Using your academic training and experience to serve the profession and the public and to contribute to the CSUMB Vision.
- Mentoring students and helping them achieve their career goals through introductions and referrals to employers and graduate schools.
- Ph.D. in accounting by the date of appointment from a regionally and/or AACSB accredited doctoral program.
- Demonstrated teaching excellence at the undergraduate level and the potential to teach at the graduate level.
- Ability to teach a range of accounting courses effectively at the undergraduate and graduate levels in various delivery modalities (face-to-face, hybrid, fully online).
- Ability to publish research regularly in relevant peer‐reviewed journals.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with colleagues.
- Sensitivity in working with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community and business community.
- Ability to work with the business community to further the goals of our students, the college, and the university.
- Work experience and/or professional certification(s) in accounting.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Knowledge and/or experience working with agribusiness, hospitality, and small business entities (which characterize CSUMB’s regional business community).
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
The incumbent is required to maintain confidentiality as outlined in the Department of Education’s Family Educational Rights and Privacy and California’s Educational Code Chapter 13 regarding sensitive student issues.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check (including a criminal records check).
JOB POSTING DATE: 6/12/2018
SCREENING BEGINS: 8/28/2018
APPOINTMENT DATE: Spring or Fall 2019
APPLY: For full consideration, submit (a) application, (b) curriculum vitae, (c) cover letter, (d) evidence of teaching ability and (e) a sample of written research by 8/28/2018. All prospective applicants must apply on-line at: https://csumb.edu/up/open-faculty-positions
CSU Monterey Bay is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to: Age, Disability, Race or Ethnicity, Gender, Gender Identity or Expression, Nationality, Religion, Sexual Orientation, Genetic Information, Veteran or Military Status.
All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S.