University Center in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
The University Center, Sioux Falls, seeks an experienced and collaborative leader who has the vision to advance the mission of providing higher education options to a diverse student base in the Sioux Falls area through partnerships with South Dakota State University, Dakota State University, and the University of South Dakota. At the heart of the University Center are talented faculty and staff members focused on providing an engaged learning community for its students.
The executive director is responsible for managing all University Center functions, to include budgeting, marketing, staffing, policies, procedures, and is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with local and regional business and industry stakeholders.
The executive director will coordinate efforts with participating universities to help secure qualified adjunct faculty, analyze markets for new and innovative programs, and provide information to relevant stakeholders on emerging needs for higher education in the Sioux Falls area.
The executive director serves as the chair of a coordinating group comprised of each participating university president, or designee, which provides an authoritative venue to coordinate issues intersecting multiple participating universities. The executive director also chairs a community steering board consisting of representatives from the Sioux Falls business and civic community, which provides an ongoing forum for community input on strategic planning and emerging needs for higher education in the Sioux Falls area.
The executive director is administratively attached to the University of South Dakota and reports to the President of USD. The executive director will work closely with each participating university provost to provide academic programming that reflects the unique programmatic strengths of each participating university while also addressing the emerging higher education needs in the community and region.
- Master's degree and progressive experience in administration and leadership roles;
- Demonstrated success in leading diverse work groups with complex challenges and opportunities;
- Ability to provide effective long term vision and leadership in a changing higher education environment;
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial approach to increasing enrollment and community/regional partnerships with business and industry stakeholders;
- Ability to advance education attainment for a diverse student population, including underrepresented, underserved, minority, traditional, and non-traditional students;
- Communicate effectively (both written and orally) with individuals from a variety of cultural and economic backgrounds, experience preparing comprehensive reports and executive summaries incorporating business, and industry trends, student/faculty/staff satisfaction and other key matrices; and
- Ability to work effectively within a multi-University/stakeholder setting.
This is a full-time 12 month position. Weekend and evening hours may be required. Starting date and salary are negotiable.
A complete application will consist of a letter of application, detailed vitae, contact information for at least three references, and unofficial transcripts, which will be submitted through the online application system at http://yourfuture.sdbor.edu
Review of applications will begin on July 13, 2018, and continue until the position is filled.
The University of South Dakota is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff and students.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/2tbnzpv3mgkc9tbp