Pre & Post Award Specialist
The Hope Center for College, Community, and Justice will launch in September 2018 in the College of Education at Temple University. It will be an action research center focused on rethinking and restructuring higher education and social policies, practices, and resources to create opportunities for all students to complete college degrees.
The Pre and Post Award Specialist will manage pre- and post-award activities for a diverse sponsor portfolio within the Hope Center for College, Community, and Justice. In collaboration with project leads, the incumbent will be responsible for proposal and budget development and will manage post-award activities including account setup, managing all sponsored-required reporting, and effort reporting. The Specialist will support other post-award activities managed by the Executive Director and the Research Director, including: monitoring and review of all expenditures including fund projections; monitoring and enforced compliance with sponsor guidelines and Institutional Review Board; handling payroll; and the development and implementation of standard operating procedures throughout the Center. Proper, professional communication with sponsors and regular, detailed follow-up with the College of Education and Temple University staff is required. Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and at least 3 years directly related experience managing complex grants portfolio with subcontracts. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Required Skills & Abilities:
* Strong data management and documentation skills
* Strong business communication skills with the ability to structure, tone, and write using correct spelling and grammar; strong skills in proofreading material for accuracy.
* Familiarity with technical writing for research administration as it relates to formats, layouts, and presentation.
* Must be able to read and understand the importance of research related compliance regulations.
* Strong attention to detail and strives for accurate results
* Ability to work both independently and cooperatively
* Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with diverse group of constituents
* Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Adobe, and Business Objects
* Excellent critical thinking, analytical, verbal and written communication skills
*Ability to apply solid organizational and time management skills to a deadline driven, multiple priority work environment is required Preferred:
* Experience with Department of Education federal grant reporting
* Familiarity with Temple sponsored research policies and related financial system is strongly preferred Temple University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law. Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and. employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact. To obtain additional information about Temple University please visit our website at www.temple.edu. Temple University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety and can be found at: http://www.temple.edu/safety/asfr/ You may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University's Campus Safety Services at 215-204-7900.