Senior Digital Media Manager
Hyde Park Campus
14321 Becker Friedman Institute
About the Unit
The Becker Friedman Institute advances inquiry that illuminates our choices, our economy, our society, and our future. The institute's conferences, visiting scholars program, research initiatives, and programs for young scholars are designed to inspire, refine, and disseminate research. A collaboration of the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, the Department of Economics, the Law School, and the Harris School of Public Policy, the institute bridges these disciplines to capitalize on shared perspectives. Now located in Saieh Hall for Economics, the institute is an intellectual destination for the world's best minds, bringing together economists and scholars across disciplines for conversations and collaborations that spark and sharpen new ideas.
The Senior Digital Media Manager manages the organization's day-to-day digital media and design services. The Senior Digital Media Manager will work closely with BFI's Senior Director of Policy, Communications & External Affairs to lead and oversee BFI's digital editorial process, calendar, and creative visions using innovative and creative techniques to promote and articulate the work of BFI.
- Plan, produce, and edit BFI video and audio (podcast) campaigns.
- Oversee the production of graphic visual content that helps translate and amplify research findings.
- Work with the communications team to foster innovative and creative approaches to marketing the work of BFI to internal and external audiences.
- Maintain, upkeep, and develop website content to ensure website is up-to-date.
- Work with management and staff to set appropriate goals, metrics, targets, and provide regular analytic reports on audience response to communications efforts.
- Supervisory skills
- Project management skills
- Knowledge of grammar, punctuation, spelling and style
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Editing skills
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative
- Attention to detail
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, public relations, marketing, English or a related field is required.
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience required.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements (if applicable):
- Not required for office roles
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
Depends on Qualification
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/