Hyde Park Campus
About the Unit
The Becker Friedman Institute (BFI) advances inquiry that illuminates our choices, our economy, our society, and our future. The institute's conferences, visiting scholars program, research initiatives, and programs for young scholars are designed to inspire, refine, and disseminate research. A collaboration of the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, the Department of Economics, the Law School, and the Harris School of Public Policy, the institute bridges these disciplines to capitalize on shared perspectives. Located in Saieh Hall for Economics, the institute is an intellectual destination for the world's best minds, bringing together economists and scholars across disciplines for conversations and collaborations that spark and sharpen new ideas. Frontier research, global impact. For more information, please visit https://bfi.uchicago.edu.
The Research Specialist (3) will report to EPIC's Director. He/she will, with limited direction, support the Center's social cost of carbon project in addition to a diverse range of other research projects as needed.
- Conducting statistical data analysis.
- Modifying existing codes to provide robustness of test results.
- Ensures compliance with institutional, state and federal regulatory policies, procedures, directives and mandates.
- The Research Specialist (3) will contribute to: writing, proofreading and fact-checking academic papers, reports and presentations; conducting and writing literature reviews; and generating tables and graphs for academic papers, reports and presentations. He/she may supervise other research staff.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines required.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Strong quantitative skills required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree economics, public policy, sociology, or a closely related field required.
- A minimum two years related work experience required.
- Experience with quantitative data analysis to support the research design preferred.
- Previous experience working in a research organization or managing research projects preferred.
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
Depends on Qualification
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/