Job Description Position Summary:
At the Long Island State Veterans Home, the Medicaid Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the admissions process and continued Medicaid coverage for all eligible residents through their stay at the Home. Duties of a Medicaid Coordinator may include the following but are not limited to:
- Interview applicants and analyze financial documents in order to establish eligibility for Chronic Care Medicaid. Identify and evaluate critical issues within five-year look-back period.
- Review Medicaid Checklist and counsel applicants on accessing required documents pursuant to Medicaid deadlines.
- Prepare Medicaid applications and conduct face-to-face interviews in satisfaction of the New York State Department of Social Services regulations. Submit applications and maintain continuous communications with DSS caseworker.
- Case manage annual Medicaid recertification process for Long Island State Veterans Home residents. Process Medicaid conversions from community coverage to institutional coverage.
- Maintain continuous communication with families, attorneys, geriatric care managers and county DSS agencies with regards to Medicaid eligibility processes. Prepare and maintain pending Medicaid tracking reports required by senior management.
- Enroll Long Island State Veterans Home residents in MLTC Medicaid Programs.
- Maintain collegial relationships with Suffolk County DSS, Nassau County DSS, NYC HRA and other county DSS offices as required.
- Attend Medicaid training or update seminars as needed to keep current in Medicaid laws.
- Explain Medicaid Chronic Care eligibility and document requirements to applicants inquiring about nursing home placement.
- Maintain a working relationship with the Business Office to expedite the processing of all Medicaid budgets, NAMI, budget corrections and MLTC enrollments.
- Prepare report identifying critical cases to be reviewed at scheduled Attorney General meetings.
- Comply with all federal and state regulations and documents as required by department standards. Comply with all Long Island State Veterans Home policies and procedures.
- Assist the Admissions Director with admission eligibility issues. Perform other tasks as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer and Director of Admissions.
Working conditions may involve exposure to infectious disease, blood, body fluids and/or tissue as well as other unpleasant elements such as accidents, injuries and illness. May be exposed to and be required to handle varying unpredictable, emergency and crisis situations. Occasionally subject to irregular hours and pressure due to multiple calls and inquiries. Qualifications Required Qualifications:
Associate's Degree plus a minimum of five (5) or more years preparing Chronic Care Medicaid applications and recertifications. In lieu of Associate's Degree, High School Diploma plus a minimum of eight (8) years preparing Chronic Care Medicaid applications and recertifications. Must have experience submitting cases with Suffolk County, Nassau County and NYC HRA. The incumbent must proficiency in various PC software, including Word and Excel. This position requires excellent communication, writing and customer service skills. Preferred Qualifications:
Nursing Home experience. Special Notes:
The Long Island State Veterans Home is a tobacco-free environment. Tobacco products are strictly prohibited anywhere on our 25-acre campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation. Prior to start date
, the selected candidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from the Long Island State Veterans Home Employee Health Department; clear a background investigation; submit three (3) written references; and provide a copy of the required license(s)/certificate(s), if applicable. Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer. The Long Island State Veterans Home
, located on the campus of Stony Brook University, is a 350-bed skilled nursing facility with a 40-slot Adult Day Health Care Program dedicated to the care of honorably discharged Veterans of the United States Armed Forces, their spouses and widows, as well as Gold Star Parents. Join an organization whose people make a difference every day and where commitment, compassion, initiative and leadership are recognized and rewarded. We care for America's Heroes every day.
STONY BROOK UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE PROTECTED VETERANS, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, WOMEN AND MINORITIES TO APPLY. IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631)632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631)444-4700. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631)632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ONLINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police Official Job Title:
TH Instructional Support AssociateJob Field:
US-NY-Stony BrookDepartment/Hiring Area:
Admissions-Long Island State Veterans HomeSchedule:
Full-time Day Shift 8:30-5:00Admissions-Long Island State Veterans HomePosting Start Date:
Apr 13, 2018Posting End Date:
Commensurate with experienceSalary Grade:
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University