Director of International Enrollment Management
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Office of International Affairs
Director of International Enrollment Management
Position #661486 - Requisition 13233
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Office of International Affairs has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Director of International Enrollment Management position.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
As Colorado's only public urban research university, the University of Colorado Denver educates a diverse student body through quality academics, ambitious research and creative work, and civic engagement in the city we call home. CU Denver educates more than 15,000 undergraduate and graduate students, and with easy access to the state's cultural, business and civic hub, our students benefit from immersive classroom and real-world experiences, supplemented by unparalleled internship and networking opportunities. As the most diverse research university in Colorado, our campus attracts top students and offers over more than 100 highly rated degree programs through eight schools and colleges, as well as more than 30 online degree programs. Home to over 40 research centers and institutes, CU Denver receives more than $25 million in sponsored research awards annually, allowing us to generate knowledge and create solutions to society's most complex problems. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here.
The Director of International Enrollment Management implements the strategic international enrollment goals established by the University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus (CU Denver). The Director engages at the strategic and tactical levels by developing and implementing international enrollment management plans in collaboration with the Office of International Affairs (OIA) and CU Denver leadership. The Director oversees all operational-level business processes related to international recruitment and admissions for the ESL Academy, undergraduate students, and graduate students. With a commitment to service, responsibilities include, but are not limited to International Admissions Office leadership, international student recruitment, prospect management, recruitment agent relationship management, sponsor relationship management, and analysis on return on investment. The Director supervises application processing, including evaluation of foreign academic credentials and English language proficiency, resulting in prompt admissions decisions. The Director incorporates the effective use of information systems and technology.
Examples of Work Performed:
Leadership & General Administration (60% of time)
- Exemplifies OIA values of respect, accountability, innovation, inclusiveness, and transparency.
- Works closely with the OIA Deputy Director and Executive Director to develop and coordinate international student enrollment growth for the university.
- Actively participates in the on-going development of a strategic international student enrollment plan for the university & the ESL Academy and leads the implementation of this plan.
- Responsible for day-to-day oversight and effective execution of all operational level business processes related to international recruitment and admissions. This includes operational level oversight of:
- Prospect management
- Application processing
- Evaluation of foreign academic credentials
- Effective use of information systems and technology
- Develops a portfolio of tactical vehicles for international student recruitment.
- Deliver a bi-annual (once per semester) ROI report and enrollment analysis of progress on recruitment investments based on the strategic enrollment plan, identifies enrollment barriers and challenges by market, and provides recommended solutions and ideas of future actions.
- Maintains close and productive working relationships with key stakeholders on the two CU Denver campuses, including the Office of Admissions, the Office of the Registrar, Student Affairs, academic Colleges and Schools, and the Graduate School.
- Coordinates multiple admissions-related programs, activities and/or events, and makes professional presentations to diverse populations.
- Models continuous business process improvement through the effective use of systems to streamline all aspects of international admissions, including management of prospect and applicant records, review of foreign academic credentials, evaluation of transfer credit, notification of admissions decisions, etc.
- Monitors and ensures efficient processes are in place to evaluate foreign academic credentials for international undergraduate and graduate student applicants, and that the intake, review, and decision making is completed in a professional and timely manner.
- Collaborates with the Director of International Student & Scholar Services and the Director of the ESL Academy to facilitate a seamless interface with international admissions and to support student enrollment yield.
- Provides strategic advice to academic units regarding international recruitment strategies
- Prepares a marketing plan and monitors the progress of the plan within the strategic international enrollment plan.
- Collaborates with Director of Marketing and Communications to produce compelling content for recruitment communications, including Web sites, print publications, social media, advertising, etc.
- Prepares an annual budget to fulfill strategic international enrollment priorities.
- Mentors, supervises, and evaluates International Admissions' professional staff.
- Represents OIA and international admissions on university-wide committees, task forces, and working groups.
- Represents CU Denver in professional organizations at the local, state, regional, national, and international levels.
- Supervises, leads, and collaborates with the International Recruitment and Admissions Manager to develop and implement service-oriented process and communication strategies.
- Supervises, leads, and collaborates with the International Enrollment and Partnerships Manager for agent activity and strategy.
- Supervises, leads, and collaborates with the International Enrollment and Partnerships Manager and OIA leadership on partnership activity and strategy.
- Leads the International Recruiters to ensure alignment of the recruitment plan and goals with the admissions processes and procedures.
International Recruitment and Prospect Management (20% of time)
- Implements a comprehensive international marketing and recruitment strategy for the university.
- Develops recruitment activities locally, nationally, and internationally, including but not limited to international recruitment tours and fairs, high school visits, community college visits, agent engagement, partner engagement, etc.
- Aligns international admissions practices with institutional admissions requirements.
- Ensures International Recruiters develop and follow-up with prospects.
- Ensures International Recruiters fully exploit all prospect management functions within the CUSIS/PeopleSoft, and Slate systems.
- When needed, advises and counsels prospects, applicants, and students on University admissions policies, procedures, and requirements.
Information Systems & Technology (10% of time)
- Supervises, leads, and collaborates with the International Recruitment and Admissions Manager to develop and implement IS and IT strategy for the unit and to provide comprehensive and timely assessments to OIA leadership of the technology needs of the unit.
- Collaborates with other administrative and academic offices throughout the University (Admissions, Registrars, Bursars, etc.) to represent the technology needs of international admissions.
- Leverages technology to reduce the workload of the office and to realize greater efficiencies in all aspects of operations.
- Evaluates and employs social media and other technology platforms to recruit international students.
Sponsored International Student Relationship Management (10% of time)
- Researches new and evaluates existing Sponsor relationships to strengthen CU Denver's engagement with this critical sector.
- Fosters positive relationship with the university's 50+ sponsors.
- Communicates regularly with Sponsors, and where appropriate, visits with Sponsors to strengthen relationships and mitigate difficult issues.
- Coordinates with the Director of International Student and Scholar Services and the Sponsored Student Coordinator to troubleshoot student issues that may arise and diplomatically communicates accordingly with Sponsors.
- Regularly updates OIA leadership on sponsor related issues and concerns.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been established at $75,750 to $95,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
- Bachelor's degree in international business, international education, international affairs, international relations, or a related field.
- 5 years of management experience in a similar role, including international marketing, recruiting, and strategic enrollment management.
- 5 years of experience in personnel and budget management, including managing limited funds.
- 3 years of experience in project management, database use and coordination, research analysis, and evaluation in an educational setting.
- Master's degree in international business, international education, international affairs, international relations, or a related field.
- Experience in the use of Slate admissions system.
- 7 years of management experience overseeing all operational level details in an international admissions office, including international marketing, recruiting, and strategic enrollment management.
- Experience in the use of admissions information systems (experience working with PeopleSoft highly desired) and Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Experience with ESL programs and their interface with international recruitment and admissions.
- Fluency in a foreign language.
- Experience living and working abroad.
- Positive attitude and team player.
- Continuous learning, knowledge, and skill in the area of international recruitment and admissions.
- Continuous learning, knowledge, and skill interpreting and applying immigration-related laws, regulations, and procedures with respect to applications and petitions filed by the university.
- Continuous learning and knowledge of University systems and procedures as they relate to international recruitment, admissions, and retention.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal relations skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including the use of databases and skill in managing large datasets to generate reports.
- Ability to train professional and support staff in a variety of content areas related to international admissions (e.g., foreign credential evaluations).
- Ability to work effectively with prospective students, continuing students, parents, alumni, office colleagues, and other University administrators.
- Committed to provide excellent customer service to diverse constituents.
- Effective presenter of international enrollment-related topics to a broad range of constituencies.
- Expert knowledge of international recruitment and admission practices in higher education.
- A proven track record in building international enrollment.
- Demonstrated ability to increase student enrollment by 5% of total student body.
- A thorough understanding of international educational systems and the ability to complete foreign academic credential evaluations.
- Experience and/or familiarity with the Student & Exchange Information System and the interface of international student and scholar services with international recruitment and admissions.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to Alana Jones, email@example.com
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by June 17, 2018. Those who do not apply by June 17th may or may not be considered
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30053 - AVCASA-OIA Intl Education
Posting Date: May 29, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Alana Jones
Posting Contact Email: Alana.Jones@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00661486