Grant Post Award Specialist
The Institute of Behavioral Science is now accepting applications for a Grant Post Award Specialist. The Post Award Specialist will work within the I8S administrative team and provide support and assistance to Principal Investigators (Pl's) and research teams. With guidance from the Administrative Officer, they perform functions necessary to research administration in compliance with all applicable regulations; for closing projects; for reviewing and/or preparing a variety of transactions; for providing in-depth information or performing research on questions related to project budget compliance and for advising Principal Investigators on project budget issues as a Research Institute.
Who we are:
The Institute of Behavioral Science (IBS) is a research institute within the Graduate School of the University of Colorado Boulder. Since its establishment in 1957, it has provided a setting for interdisciplinary collaborative research on problems of societal concern. By engaging faculty from all the social and behavioral sciences at the University of Colorado, Boulder, IBS encourages work that transcends disciplinary boundaries, that illuminates the complexity of social behavior and social life, and that has important implications for social policy.
IBS is organized into five research programs, each defined by an interdisciplinary area of research and directed by a senior research scientist. Three programs have centers which specialize in research topics consistent with the broader goals of the Program. Computing and Research Services provide computing and information technology services for IBS research activities.
What your key responsibilities will be:
- Advise Pis, research staff and students on sponsored project procedures and regulations, including sponsor requirements, Uniform Guidance, and State of Colorado, CU and IBS rules.
- Provide support to Pis and collaborators regarding financial questions. Prepare budget and salary projections for Pis.
- Monitor implementation of subcontracts, including budget verification. Processing of subcontract invoices, marked up POs, etc.
- Track spending of assigned projects including personnel costs, materials and supplies, travel, equipment and other items as indicated. Monitor Travel Authorizations, provide information about CU travel rules. Prepare cost transfers and PETs when appropriate.
- Track account start and end dates to plan spending and request extensions when necessary.
- Advise Payroll Liaison on personnel working on grants: hires, changes and terminations. Update funding for grant personnel. Oversee scope of work and honorarium payments for non-employees working on grants.
- Work with IBS administration, SPA and OCG to investigate and resolve various sponsored project issues and perform special tasks as assigned.
- Assist IBS Grant Coordinator and Pl's with pre-award budgeting efforts and OCG Form completion as necessary.
- Network and collaborate with other CU offices such as SPA, OCG, PSC. Attend training and updates when appropriate.
What we can offer:
The salary range for this position starts at $44,000.00, commensurate with experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be collaborative. Be enlightened. Be impactful. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of one year of sponsored project (post-award) administration or accounting experience in a university or other highly complex business setting.
What you will need:
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Sense of humor and appreciation for individual differences in people.
- Ability to actively contribute to a positive work environment and to interact positively with a variety of people.
What we'd like you to have:
- Three years of sponsored project administration experience including experience with PeopleSoft, Cognos and other University systems.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by June 17, 2018.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at [email protected]. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-13692.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Finance and Accounting
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10071 - Behavioral Sci Inst-Admin
Posting Date: Jun 12, 2018
Closing Date: Jun 17, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00729455