Senior Associate Athletics Director, Sport Administration - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (
NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
University of Illinois
Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
POSITION: Senior Associate Athletics Director, Sport Administration
12 Month, 100% Academic Professional Appointment
Position Summary: The Senior Associate Athletics Director, Sport Administration will have specific sport oversight responsibilities for selected sports
• Performs a broad range of daily, on-going and annual administrative services for assigned sports.
• Aid in the development and implementation of programs and processes which serve to assure the welfare of all student-athletes.
• Provides performance appraisals for assigned Head sport coaches and administrative assistant and determines need for recognition or disciplinary action.
• Recommends annual salary increases for personnel within sports programs.
• Provide leadership and counsel to coaches and support units.
• Key participant in the identification, recruitment, hiring and retention of Head/Assistant Coaches and other designated personnel for those sports under supervision.
• Assist in the scheduling of non-conference games and preparation of contracts for assigned sports.
• Routinely initiates independent communication and interaction with a wide range of individuals from inside and outside the Division of Intercollegiate Athletics.
• Works closely with individuals and groups in an effort to build relationships and promote sport programs, the DIA, and the University.
• Monitors processes and systems to ensure compliance with rules and regulations.
• Uses initiative and experience to resolve issues pertaining to program matters.
• Monitors sport program budgets, ensuring fiscal integrity while maintaining the ability to recommend adjustments as needed.
• Responsible for establishing and communicating program priorities and performance expectations and assessing operations against these criteria.
• Manages, interprets, and applies NCAA, Big Ten, University and departmental policies and procedures, recommending exceptions when needed.
• Accountable for upholding NCAA, Big Ten, and University and departmental rules and regulations and submitting documentation as required by these bodies.
• Conducts short and long range planning of key business objectives.
• Work under general supervision and reports to the Executive Senior Associate Athletics Director, Sport Administration.
• Maintain knowledge of and compliance with, specific NCAA, Big Ten Conference, and institution rules that relate to this position is required.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree in areas of sport management, higher education administration or other closely related field
Master's degree or higher in same areas above
• At least eight (8) years of administrative experience in collegiate athletics.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Knowledge of procedures to monitor and enforce rules and regulations.
• Ability and desire to perform accurate, detail-oriented work, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and maintain confidentiality and a professional demeanor.
• Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and sound judgments.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Organizational and computer skills.
• Ability to reason, recall, analyze and organize information in order to make substantive and sometimes complex decisions reaching reasonable conclusions within the scope of authority.
• Ability to comprehend potential issues and address them before they become problematic.
• Knowledge of basic principles and practices of supervisory techniques.
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity and fairness through recruitment, selection, and supervision of staff.
• Ability to function professionally in highly stressful situations and to provide clear information on an impromptu basis to individuals or groups of people.
• Ability to meet continuous project deadlines.
• Ability to develop and implement strategic plans.
• Demonstrated problem solving skills which show considerations to alternatives and provides for flexibility.
Administrative experience at Division 1 level.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications.
Starting Date: As soon as possible after closing date
To receive full consideration, application materials must be received on or before June 26, 2018. Please complete your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of application, resume, and names of three references and proof of academic credentials. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Keiko Price, email@example.com
Note: To expedite filling this position, qualified applicants will be interviewed during the advertising period and through the deadline date. All applicants will receive consideration for the position throughout the duration of the notice period. No appointment will be made before the expiration of the application date.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Senior Associate Athletics Director, Sport Administration - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (A1800368)
Open Date: 06/12/2018
Close Date: 06/26/2018
Organization Name: Intercollegiate Athletics