Software Developer - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (A1800369)
~~NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
University of Illinois
Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
POSITION: Software Developer
12 Month, 100% Academic Professional Appointment
Primary Position Function:
Responsible for developing and maintaining custom software and database applications for the department. Advises the staff in DIA Sports Technology on software needs based on communications with various groups within DIA.
• Analyze, develop, and support custom software, database applications, and web services based on departmental needs.
• Manage software development lifecycle for custom software development projects.
• Manage software development and deployment processes and systems.
• Manage stakeholder relationships to gather and revise project requirements.
• Hire, train, evaluate, and schedule student software developers.
• Work with outside vendors to provide necessary unit and university data in accordance with established policies and security guidelines.
• Rotate on-call availability with other team members for off-hours issues.
• Maintain knowledge of and compliance with specific NCAA, Big Ten Conference, and institutional rules that relate to this position is required.
Bachelor degree required in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field.
• At least two years software development in a Windows/.NET environment.
• Extensive experience with and knowledge of databases including schema design, authoring queries, and performance optimization in relational and/or non-relational databases.
• Experience with source control and continuous integration processes.
• Experience with Windows and Linux based scripting languages and tools.
• Experience working with cloud hosted services - AWS, Azure.
• Experience managing student workers.
• Experience with Git, GitLab, GitHub.
• Experience with Visual Studio and Visual Studio Code.
• Experience with Docker.
• Experience with University of Illinois Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW).
• Experience in a college athletics environment.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to quickly adapt to new technology.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks in time sensitive situations.
• Ability to manage, prioritize and delegate multiple projects.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications.
Starting Date: As soon as possible after closing date
To receive full consideration, application materials must be received on or before June 26, 2018. Please complete your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of application, resume, and names of three references and proof of academic credentials. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Nick Rogers, firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: To expedite filling this position, qualified applicants will be interviewed during the advertising period and through the deadline date. All applicants will receive consideration for the position throughout the duration of the notice period. No appointment will be made before the expiration of the application date.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Software Developer - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (A1800369)
Open Date: 06/12/2018
Close Date: 06/26/2018
Organization Name: Intercollegiate Athletics