JOB NO.: 94921-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: VCRGE/UW PRESS/UW PRESS
Categories: Communications, Editing, Event Planning, Program Coordination, Extension, Outreach, Public Engagement, Marketing, Public Relations
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 94921-AS
Working Title: Publicity Manager
Official Title: SR UNIV REL SPEC(T54BN) or UNIV RELATIONS SPEC(T54DN) or ASSOC UNIV REL SPEC(T54FN)
Hiring Department: A349700-VCRGE/UW PRESS/UW PRESS
Anticipated Begin Date: AUGUST 15, 2018
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $36,790 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's degree is required.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
- Minimum of three years of professional work experience is preferred. Experience in scholarly book or journals marketing, book sales, writing, editing, public relations, or journalism is preferred.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with a wide variety of audiences. Must be able to communicate well with academics and scholars, staff, media, and vendors.
- Experience planning and/or implementing impactful public relations, marketing, and/or social media campaigns.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills, including the ability to produce marketing copy for a variety of uses.
- Ability to monitor, analyze, and report on the impact of publicity efforts.
- Excellent organizational skills, with a proven track record of effectively managing multiple projects and deadlines.
- Diversity and inclusion are primary values for the University of Wisconsin Press and are integral to achieving our strategic goals. We seek candidates with an awareness of and commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion across all spectrums.
License or certificate:
The Publicity Manager oversees the publicity efforts of the University of Wisconsin Press and reports to the Sales and Marketing Manager. The Publicity Manager is responsible for strategically planning and executing publicity and media campaigns for the press's scholarly and general interest publications.
The University of Wisconsin Press was established in 1936 and is part of the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research and Graduate Education at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. The UW Press is a nonprofit publisher of books and journals. It has published more than 3,000 titles since its inception and employs over 20 staff (including academic and university staff, limited term employees, and graduate and undergraduate students). The press currently publishes approximately 50 books per year and 12 journals, in both print and electronic formats.
The UW Press's mission is to embody and extend the research, education, and outreach mission of the University of Wisconsin through publishing:
- Scholarship, research, and educational materials of exceptional quality and distinction valued by a worldwide academic and professional community;
- Works that serve the people of Wisconsin and document our region's heritage; and
- Works that sustain a literate culture and foster an informed and engaged citizenry.
Learn more about UW-Madison at https://www.wisc.edu/about/ and the City of Madison at https://madison.wisc.edu/.
UW-Madison is an affirmative action/equal employment employer and we encourage women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply.
Unless confidentiality is requested in writing, information regarding applicants must be released upon request. Finalists cannot be guaranteed confidentiality.
Instructions to applicants:
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit a cover letter and current resume highlighting relevant experience. You will be asked to provide 3 professional references.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Jun 12 2018 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Jul 10 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time