Senior Registration & Records Assistant
Job Description Summary:
I. JOB OVERVIEW
The Office of the Registrar is dedicated to providing the best possible service to all members of the GW community. The office maintains academic records from enrollment through graduation and offers a wide range of services in the areas of classroom scheduling, enrollment verification, registration, transfer credit evaluation and degree conferral. We support the university's mission to promote lifelong learning by administering the various academic policies of the university and providing support to students, faculty, administrators, and alumni.
Reporting to the Associate Registrar, the Senior Registration & Records Assistant will be responsible for the following:
- Processes manual student registrations into classes as approved by faculty, academic advisors and deans.
- Provides next level support for colleagues in Colonial Student Services.
- Processes course drops and withdrawals, leave of absences, continuous enrollments, first-year forgiveness and grade changes, study-abroad and audit registrations.
- Assists with processing of certifications and archives transcripts.
- Evaluates Internal Transfer requests for current undergraduates to switch schools.
- Assists with processing of degree requirement petitions for current students and transfer credit evaluations for newly-admitted students.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The position is based at GW's Virginia Science & Technology campus in
Ashburn, VA but may require travel to the Foggy Bottom campus located in Washington, DC. The incumbent may perform other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a high school diploma/GED plus 1.5 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
- Strong communication skills; detail oriented.
- Prior experience in higher education, specifically within a registrar's office.
- Experience with Banner.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Ashburn, Virginia College/School/Department: Enrollment Management Family Enrollment Services Sub-Family Registration Stream Service and Support Level Level 2 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00AM - 5:00PM Position Designation: Non-Essential: Employees who are not required to work unless directed to do so by their supervisor. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants:
Employer will not sponsor for employment Visa statusInternal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S007329 Job Open Date: 06/12/2018 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your expected salary range?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Does the professional experience section of your resume include months?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter