Student Services Specialist, School of Nursing
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
GW's School of Nursing (GWSON) drives innovation and improvements in health care worldwide through the education of compassionate nurses, esteemed educators and researchers, entrepreneurial leaders, and influential policy experts. GWSON is searching for a Student Services Specialist to support Student's First initiatives in the Office of Student Affairs by coordinating, facilitating and implementing student support services and engagement activities. This position is part of a team of staff reporting to the Director of Student Services.
- Leads student engagement and student service functions to include but not limited to: student programming, graduation clearance, scholarships, career services, and student record maintenance
- Plans, coordinates, and executes the annual student service events to include, but not limited to, orientation and graduation
- Advises students, program faculty, and program staff on matters such as: scholarships, emergency loans, financial aid questions, and military benefits
- Develops and leads workshops for students on time management and study skills
- Provides academic coaching to GWSON nursing students, handles complex issues
- Evaluates, programs/processes, and manages external relations and information for continued improvement; implements recommendations
- Performs other duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 2 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Master's degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization.
Master's degree in Higher Education, or related field preferred
Experience working with a diverse student body in a higher education setting preferred. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
This position requires excellent customer service skills, experience with a comprehensive computerized student information system, attention to detail, demonstrated ability to organize tasks, and to work collaboratively in a team environment.
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Ashburn, Virginia College/School/Department: School of Nursing Family Enrollment Services Sub-Family Generalists Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 2 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: M-F, 8:30am - 5:30pm Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants:
Employer will not sponsor for employment Visa statusInternal Applicants Only? Yes (University Wide) Posting Number: S007333 Job Open Date: 06/12/2018 Job Close Date: 06/15/2018 If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you currently employed with The George Washington University?
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter