Part time AIMS101 First-Year Seminar Facilitator (Open Pool)
Part time AIMS101 First-Year Seminar Facilitator (Open Pool)
Aims Community College at a Glance:
Aims Community College, locally governed, locally funded, is a debt-free and progressive community college with centralized administrative services located on the Greeley Campus, which supports three additional locations. Situated on the front range of the Colorado Rockies, serving over 8000 learners annually, Aims Community College prepares students for success in more than 200 degree and certificate programs. Our wonderful staff, faculty, and administration work as a team to ensure excellent service. This commitment was recognized by The Denver Post and Monster Jobs as the "Best Place to Work" in 2018!
Purpose: Build a Stronger Community
Vision: First Choice - The Recognized Leader in Learning and Student Success
Mission: Provide knowledge and skills to advance quality of life, economic vitality, and overall success of the diverse communities we serve.
2018-2023 Strategic Directions:
Empower Students to Succeed
Enhance Operational Performance
Enrich Northern Colorado Economic Development
Reporting directly to the Program Coordinator of Orientations Programs, First-Year Experience, this position serves to facilitate sections of AIM101, a non-credit first-year seminar over an 8 week period during the academic terms. Primary job duties include facilitated discussion and high impact activities around the topics of: on and off campus resources, personal management strategies (time-management, financial literacy, physical and mental wellness), academic proficiency strategies (learning strategies, application of technology, and cooperative learning), motivation/resilience, self-care, financial literacy, preparing for future semesters, diversity, getting involved in your campus community, and career exploration. Facilitators will be expected to develop positive rapport with each student both in and outside of class. There will be limited grading and curriculum development.
Duties, Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Provide effective and high quality instruction and small/large group facilitation of activities focused on academic success, social integration, and study skills.
2. Use appropriate online technologies (Desire2Learn) to promote student learning and track student progress towards meeting course requirements.
3. Participate in all program training activities, facilitator meetings, and professional development.
4. Interact with students outside of class meeting times in-person, phone, and email for mentorship and on/off-campus resources connection.
5. Execute formative and summative program and learning assessments as directed by the program coordinator.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Understanding of effective retention tools for first-year students.
2. Facilitation/community development experience in higher education environment, experience working in community college setting and experience working with students of color, adult learners, Veterans, and students with disabilities.
3. Strong computer skills; skills in technological support and delivery of student programs and services; knowledge and skill in the use of integrated software systems (Windows Office) and learning management systems (Desire2Learn, Blackboard, Canvas, etc…).
4. Demonstrated understanding of and a commitment to the community college mission and purpose, high academic standards, and student success.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
• Bachelor's Degree in a related field: education, English, reading, psychology, sociology, human services, or communication studies, plus one year of experience with a combination of: classrooms or academic workshop teaching/facilitation experience in a secondary or higher education setting.
Ideal Characteristics and Experience:
1. Demonstrates passion for student success and the community college mission.
2. Successful experience working in a diverse and multicultural community.
3. Advocate for inclusion and student equity.
4. Engages in and enjoys contact with students.
Open Until Filled
Valid Driver's License
Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice: Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. The goal of Aims is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.
Screening/Selection: All applicants may apply on line at jobs.aims.edu. If you need assistance with this process please contact Human Resources.
Initial screening will be conducted by a committee based on completed application materials.
Please be prepared to submit the following if required:
• Cover Letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements,
• Diversity Statement (your personal statement on diversity),
• Teaching Philosophy (for faculty positions only) and,
• Transcripts (if applicable). Official transcripts will be required if hired.
o Faculty: Applicants must submit academic transcripts from an accredited institution. Applicants who have degrees from outside of the United States must request a credential evaluation of their transcript. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (www.naces.org) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (www.aice-eval.org) lists members who may be contacted for assistance in evaluating foreign credentials.
All application materials become the property of Aims Community College. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews.
Quicklink for Posting http://jobs.aims.edu/postings/3252
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * For recruitment statistics, please list where you found this job posting.
- Aims Website
- Internal Posting
- Personal Referral
- HigherEdjobs - Diversity and Inclusion
- Denver Post
- Greeley Tribune
- Local Newspaper Ad
- ACCT Executive Search
- Weld County Employment Service
- Other Source
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Professional Degree
- Cover Letter
- Copy of Transcripts
- Diversity Statement
- Teaching Philosophy
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document