Part-time Staff Associate
Part-time Staff Associate
Position Number: 10044516
Benefits Eligible: No
Campus Location: Gainesville
Job Close Date: 06/25/2018
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Part Time Staff Associate in Rec Sports on the Gainesville campus. The Staff Associate will serve a part-time role assisting with the day-to-day operations of the Recreational Sports facility and the programs associated with it. Including but not limited to: scheduling, event administration, facility monitoring, membership management, and customer service.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Staff Associate will:
- Support the day-to-day operations of the Recreation facility assisting with scheduling, event management, facility reservation requests, locker room management, and equipment rental operations.
- Prepare and create department program and media guides, mass mailings for Recreational Sports events, announcements, social media updates and other marketing materials for distribution to the UNG community and community members.
- Manage and maintain Recreation Center community memberships.
- Responsible for providing excellent customer service experiences to all patrons and assisting with training student staff in areas of customer service and diversity.
- Responsible for taking monetary transactions within the Department of Recreational Sports and assists in managing other financials within the department. This includes revenue transactions/deposits, travel authorizations and expense reports, reimbursements, procurements & budget reports.
- Assist in supervision of student staff and coordination of weekly staff meeting with professional staff
- Maintain personnel files for all student workers to keep track of certifications, Human Resources paperwork, etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be highly organized
- Must have knowledge with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Power Point.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- High School Diploma required. Associates or Bachelors preferred.
- Three years of related experience, preferably in industry.
- CPR/AED First-Aid.
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references. This position will require a background check.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.