Part Time Event Parking Staff
Part Time Event Parking Staff
Position Number: 10058694 & 10058695
Benefits Eligible: No
Campus Location: Dahlonega
Job Close Date: 06/25/2018
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Part Time Event Parking Staff. This position is in the of Office of Parking & Transportation Services, a division of Auxiliary Services, and reports to the Parking and Transportation Manager on the Dahlonega Campus, The Parking Attendant/Event Staff will be responsible for parking enforcement, event parking & traffic flow coordination, driving shuttle bus as needed, and performing various other duties to ensure Parking and Transportation provide a safe environment for the University community and visiting guests.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Event Parking Staff will:
- Be responsible for parking enforcement, issuance of parking citations, assist students, faculty & staff with vehicle unlocks, battery boosts, & general concerns within the parking areas.
- Prepare parking areas for various events: placement of signs, banners, barricades, cones. Greet and assist guests entering and leaving lots, direct traffic (flagging), direct incoming guests to available parking spaces. Coordinate with fellow Parking and Transportation team members, Event Manager, and Campus Police to ensure safety and customer service standards are met.
- Perform vehicle counts for assigned area. Drive shuttle bus or other university vehicle when needed.
- Use respectful communication to assist guests with their questions, problems, and concerns; relay information to appropriate personnel/management.
- Immediately report any accidents, incidents or safety concerns to Manager and/or Campus Police.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have excellent interpersonal, customer service, and teamwork skills.
- Knowledge of customer service standards, parking rules and regulations, and procedures at special events.
- Ability to work outside in extreme weather conditions for long periods at a time.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and nights;
- Ability to move quickly and cover long distances.
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to preform moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Ga Driver's License.
- Must be 18 years of age.
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references. This position will require a background check and a DMV check.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.