School Liaison and Director of Professional Development, Part-time, School of Education
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
- Collaborate with program directors, faculty and staff in developing policies, processes, review and assessment schedules for partnerships. Develop and facilitate the implementation of face to face and virtual presentation for PK-12 Partners (public and private) to remain in DESE compliance. Curriculum development of appropriate materials for candidates and instructors. General knowledge of all SOE program offerings and licensure requirements. Co-Chair the Teacher Education Committee with dean. Minute and record keeper of TEC and work with dean to set agendas for bi-monthly Operations Meetings.
- Responsible for the recruitment of area systems/educators for the purpose of providing professional development courses/training/programs based on conducted needs and evaluation assessment of the partnerships and PK-12 requests.
- Assist all program directors, faculty, staff, field office and licensure in the recruitment of program supervisors, supervising practitioners, adjuncts and facilitators for professional development trainings. Responsible for all logistical set ups, support and assistance with curriculum materials for MTEL preparation course across the Commonwealth for SOE Candidates and general public.
- Correspond and meet with college departments (e.g., Registrar, Bursar, Instructional Technology, and Finance Offices to keep these offices abreast of student records and accounts for workshops and presentation fees collected for on-site, off-site, virtual and special programs offered through the SOE.
- Collaborate with AIC Webmaster for the purpose of remaining keeping the Professional Development page of the website up-to-date for the purposes of recruitment and dissemination of materials foe SOE workshops, seminars and training to the general public and partners.
- Attend all DESE trainings and meetings to remain abreast of current regulations regarding the State requirements for partnerships. Work with assessment team in the evaluation of partnerships and 360 evaluations, partnership development, implementation and design.
- Required Degree(s): Master's Degree
- Preferred Degree(s): Doctorate in Educational Leadership, Curriculum and Instruction or closely related field.
- Required Field of Expertise: Curriculum and Instruction, Professional Development, Educational Leadership or significant experience (5-7 years) in curriculum and instructional leadership.
- Preferred Field of Expertise: Experience in grant writing.
- Preferred Licensure(s): Current MA teaching license
The School Liaison and Director of Professional Development is a part-time, exempt level, non-benefited position. This is a 10-month position that averages 15 hours per week. The work schedule is flexible to the needs of the department. Occasional nights and weekends required.
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.