Course Faculty, Introduction to Pre-Clinical Experiences, Teachers College
WGU seeks faculty course instructors with a successful teaching track record to work with our Intro to Preclinical Experiences students in the Teachers College.
Course Instructors at WGU serve a critical advising and support role for student success. As subject matter experts, they do not teach courses; rather, they are the students’ primary source of information for course content and learning resources. Instructors coach their assigned students in understanding expectations and overcoming obstacles to make sure the students are successful in passing the course.
The successful Course Instructor takes a deep personal interest in their students' academic progress and reflect commitment to their students' success in all their daily work. They are experts in their field of study and can answer or obtain answers to all the questions students may have about the course.
Instructors in the Intro to Preclinical Experiences course will engage in a variety of videos, modules, simulations, and other virtual classroom experiences. This course encompasses a wide range of educational considerations to prepare students for success in the classroom.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Proactively provide coaching, support, and subject matter expertise to students enrolled in assigned course;
- Communicate professionally, relate well, and share a passion for classroom teaching to motivate a diverse and large group of students;
- Respond to student inquiries about content, learning resources, or assessment;
- Provide relevant information on student tasks based on feedback from assessment graders;
- Provide additional resources to students based on content expertise while maintaining the students' responsibility for task competency;
- Maintain current and active knowledge in assigned course in order to bring examples and ideas to students.
- Doctorate in related study required;
- 5+ years classroom teaching experience at the K-12 level required
- Teaching experience in a university setting with adult learners preferred
- Understanding of and experience in competency-based education preferred
- Is a team player and collaborates well with others to achieve a common goal
- Strong verbal communication skills with ability to present information clearly, concisely, and accurately; friendly, persuasive speaking style
- Comfortable with collecting, analyzing, and using quantitative information to enhance the student experience
- Thrives in a dynamic, innovative work environment
- Must be technologically competent: experience using Outlook email and calendar, online teaching platforms, video conferencing tools, and MS Office is required
WORK FROM HOME, United States