The Information Technology department is seeking a Desktop Support Technician. This position will report to the gables campus and will work the 2nd shift (3:30pm-12am). The Desktop Support Technician for IT provides technical user advice/support to the University of Miami academic and administrative staff and its satellite facilities for problems and questions related to network communication and link to Local Area Network (LAN), Campus Area Network (CAN), Metropolitan Area Network (MAN), and Wide Area Network (WAN). He/she will monitor systems and advise senior staff / management of network application status. Extensive knowledge of PC/LAN communications hardware/software and network management software is essential.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• At least one year relevant work experience with computers, network operating systems, and data communications troubleshooting.
• Working knowledge of networked PC hardware, and Windows OS installation/setup.
• Superior customer service skills a must.
• Verbal and written English skills required.
Apply at www.miami.edu/careers
Position #: P00017587
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Come join us!]]>