Associate Director - Graduate & Professional Student Affairs
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associate's, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of America's Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is pleasing to God and edifying to one another.
Reporting to the Associate Dean of Students, the associate director provides support for the development and growth of the Office of Graduate and Professional Student Affairs, and serves as a member of the Graduate and Professional Student Affairs leadership team. The associate director assists the associate dean in maintaining, interpreting, and adjudicating the Graduate and Professional Standards of Conduct, works with university departments and regional campuses to facilitate the communication of policies and services to graduate and professional students, assists with disability services for graduate and professional students through appropriate university offices as needed, works with university departments and regional campuses to plan and coordinate community events and activities for graduate and professional students, assists in the maintenance of the student engagement opportunities, and fulfills other duties as assigned by the Associate Dean of Students.
- Master's degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three years of administrative or leadership experience in student affairs
- Good public relations skills are a necessity, including excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Experience in program development and implementation within Student Affairs
- Knowledge of student conduct principles and practices, including some knowledge of Title IX requirements and crisis response protocols
- Preferred knowledge of legal requirements for university disability services
- Preferred experience in online communications, including social media
- Preferred experience working with diverse populations
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Assist the Graduate Student Association with the maintenance of online elections and meetings
- Plan and coordinate community events and activities for graduate and professional students, including online events and services
- Serve on the GPSSS Communication Committee addressing comprehensive strategies to keep graduate and professional students informed about policies, services, and opportunities
- Serve on the Behavioral Intervention and Resource Team, assisting graduate and professional students with support services
- Provide confidential consultation for students with problems, questions, and/or concerns about university procedures and policies
- Assist with monitoring compliance with federal and state laws, including the Clery Act, Title IX, and Drug Free Schools.
- Assist with the maintenance and administration of student conduct policies and procedures
- Complete Training as a Title IX incident investigator.
- Work with the Office of Campus Safety, as well as academic and administrative departments, to address and resolve graduate and professional student conduct issues.
- Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Other responsibilities as determined by the Executive Director.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.