Finance Coordinator (Temporary) - Center for Student Action
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is pleasing to God and edifying to one another.
The primary responsibilities of the Finance Coordinator is to assist the Associate Director of Operations and Finance in coordinating and overseeing all of the financials and related processes for the Center for Student Action's service programs, primarily: Local, Global and Mexico.
- Associates degree
- 2-5 years experience in accounting, client services and administrative functions. Prefer some experience working in higher education.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Assist the Associate Director of Operations and Finance in overseeing the center's financials, including assisting with budget projections for global teams, general ledger reconciliations, general ledger monitoring and reporting.
- Coordinate and oversee all functions and reporting of the cashiering station located within the service center, including the weekly Brinks deposits and donation receipts.
- Act as technical point person for the university's credit card payment vendor, authorize.net. Coordinate with internal staff when payment information is needed within application programs (e.g. Wufoo or Formstack) for payment functions.
- Process all donations and fees, and run weekly financial reports for participants.
- Communicate with participants regarding deadlines, past-due accounts, and arrange payment plans.
- Place and lift holds on student accounts in accordance with university guidelines.
- Process forms to the Business Office as needed, including weekly journal revenue uploads.
- Set-up team financials in CSA Database using FilemakerPro, and update on a regular basis.
- Post payments and donations to participant accounts in CSA database on a regular basis, and in collaboration with other campus entities that receive donations on our behalf (Advancement, Alumni, Business Office).
- Research and follow-up on all payment and donation issues.
- Work with program coordinators and marketing staff to assist with campaign set-up in MobileCause, and update profiles with team goals and team financial changes.
- Regular processing of accounts receivables and payables, ensuring timeliness of payments.
- Keep track of team deadlines to ensure check advances are requested on time and reconciled by business office deadlines.
- Reconcile staff credit card statements online to ensure consistency on chart-strings and accounting tags.
- Reconcile general ledger against Quicken accounts and assist with reports for quarterly budget meetings with directors.
- Prepare materials for and lead the training for financial workshops.
- Meet regularly with teammates, program coordinators and other directors.
- Supervise, foster and lead a team of 2-3 student employees.
- Assist with front desk duties as needed.
- Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow through.
- Must be collaborative and an effective team member and team builder.
- Knowledge of standard office equipment
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to prioritize their own work.
- Ability to convert foreign currencies to USD
- In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
- Requires repetitive motion and sitting at computer keyboard.
- Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
- Meetings may require walking and/or driving to various University locations.
- Ability to pull, push, bend, grasp, reach and lift up to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to climb stairs multiple times in a work day.
- Computer monitor and reading.
- Pleasant office setting, comfortable temperature.
- Proficient in Google Apps., Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
- Accounting software, Quicken (desired)
- Filemaker Pro (desired)
- Grade 5: $16.11 - $20.94/hour
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.Azusa Pacific University is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.