Program Manager,Community Relationships/UR Downtown - 502099
Program Manager, Community Relationships and UR Downtown - 502099
** Position will be open until filled but there will be a priority deadline of June 21, 2018 **
Under general supervision, develops and implements a range of educational and engagement opportunities that leverage UR Downtown's location and UR's strengths to connect students, staff, faculty, alumni and/or community members to each other and our diverse metropolitan area. Cultivates varied relationships between the CCE and broader communities to enrich student learning, faculty engagement, and to address community-identified needs. Promotes and represents programs and activities as appropriate. Advises and supports student, staff, faculty, and community participants as appropriate to program activities.
- Oversees, administers, and evaluates all aspects of the community-based tax assistance site at UR Downtown to ensure superior quality and fair services are provided to all clients and to support volunteers in their experience; ensures appropriate application of tax law and compliance with MetroCash and IRS policies, guidelines; and reporting schedules; recruitment, onboarding, and professional management and interaction of volunteers, including serving as liaison to UR classes engaging with tax site; application of ethical standards and confidentiality of records
- Participates as an integral member of the community relationships team, cultivating and managing select community relationships, supporting student orientations, providing technical support to partners and operational support to the community relations team
- Hires, trains, advises, and mentors students working at UR Downtown
- Participates in the planning, coordination, publicity, implementation, and evaluation of educational events at UR Downtown including but not limited to financial literacy, arts and culture, and politics and voting programming.
- In collaboration with CCE's Assistant Director for Communications, designs and prepares various publicity and marketing materials, to include mailings, press releases, flyers, newsletters, and other promotional materials.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to gather and analyze data and generate reports.
- Knowledge and understanding of meeting and event planning principles, requirements, procedures, and available resources.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions.
- Ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects.
- Capacity to display supportive and professional conduct in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with tax preparation
- Familiarity with professional tax preparation software
- Experience with VITA tax assistance programs preferred
- Required: Must have a valid Driver's License and be able to produce a driving record with a minimum of 3 years of driving history in good standing
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree required with at least two years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities in civic engagement and/or volunteerism specified.
- Some experience in accounting, related field preferred.
- Full-time, non-exempt position
- Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; 7.75 hrs./day; 38.75 hrs./week
- Occasional night and weekend work required
Pay Grade 5
To see more detailed salary information please review the University of Richmond's Compensation Structure.
Located minutes from downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of Richmond (www.richmond.edu) blends the intimacy of a small college with exceptional academic, research, and cultural opportunities usually found only at large institutions. Richmond offers a unique combination of undergraduate and graduate programs. Our School of Arts & Sciences anchors Richmond as a nationally ranked liberal arts university. A ranked business school, the nation's first school of leadership studies, a highly respected law school, a nationally recognized international education program and the community-focused School of Professional and Continuing Studies build on that strong foundation and make this university something unique.
UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which values the expression of differences in ways that promote excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and candidates who support diversity. EOE