Assistant / Associate Research Professor- College of Social & Behavioral Science
Assistant / Associate Research Professor- College of Social & Behavioral Science – 603466
The Northern Arizona University’s College of Social & Behavioral Science is seeking an Assistant / Associate Research Professor. This is grant funded, 11-month position subject to availability of funding. The Institute for Human Development (IHD) is an interdisciplinary unit and thus implements projects and research across varied disciplines with an emphasis on disabilities. Job duties include the following:
- Seek extramural funding to support the mission of the Institute for Human Development (IHD)
- Draft research designs for use in grant applications and scholarly publications
- Draft evaluation designs for use in grant applications
- Conduct data analysis
- Conduct research across various fields
- Lead and support research efforts within IHD
- Lead and support evaluation activities
- Publish scholarly, peer-reviewed research in areas of expertise
- Support the publication of scholarly research within IHD
- Supervise and mentor undergraduate, master level, and PhD students
- Provide service to IHD and the university
- Support self, completely, from grants and contracts within three years
- Other duties as assigned
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses related to disability studies and disability focused research.
Assistant Research Professor Minimum Qualifications
Doctorate degree in education, sociology, social work, psychology, statistics, engineering, anthropology, or related field -
- Promise of scholarly activity or other creative endeavors related to applicants own discipline
- Applied experience, and tangible outcomes (e.g., coursework completion, publications, reports, or dissertation), utilizing a variety of research designs and related analytical procedures such as descriptive, correlational, quasi-experimental, experimental, qualitative, and mixed-methods
- Coursework or experience in developing and implementing evaluation plans
Associate Research Professor Minimum Qualifications
In addition to the minimum qualifications of the Assistant Research Professor rank -
- Five (5) years of full-time research experience
- Evidence of a record demonstrating a sustained pattern of substantial scholarly activity, or other creative research endeavors, related to applicant's own or other disciplines
- History of securing external grants, contracts, or both
- Experience developing and implementing evaluation plans
Annual Salary: Commensurate with experience and academic qualifications.
Application Deadline: Open for an additional 30 days with first review April 16, 2018. If you applied for the position already you do not need to re-apply.
Please see nau.jobs for full job descriptions and details on how to apply online!
NAU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.