Program Manager of Membership Marketing
Under minimal supervision, reporting to the Director of Membership, the Program Manager for Membership Marketing serves as part of the University of Maryland Alumni Association’s management team. Responsible for effective development and implementation of marketing strategies from concept through delivery, intended to recruit and retain Association members while also increasing revenue.
The Program Manager of Membership Marketing assists in the management of operations for the Annual and Life Member programs of the University of Maryland Alumni Association. S/he will support the Director’s vision and strategic membership plan for the retention and recruitment of membership to reach a goal of 30,000 members based on a 5-year plan.
The Program Manager will provide innovative direction while building, influencing and leading the membership marketing and communication efforts. S/he is responsible for maintaining and updating the advertising, marketing and communications channels across all media designed to inform, engage, and connect alumni.
The Program Manager will oversee day-to-day operations in the membership department to include renewals and mailings, customer service and the requests and management of data and mailing lists. S/he will strategize new and creative ideas within direct mail, social media and email to help the department achieve their participation and financial goals.
Working with the Director, the Program Manager of Membership Marketing will create a comprehensive marketing campaign and will analyze membership campaign results to create future targeted marketing campaigns.
The Program Manager of Membership Marketing creates detailed metrics-based growth reports demonstrating annual results for the Executive Director of Alumni Relations, the Vice President of University Relations, and the Alumni Association Board of Governors.
S/he will partner with colleagues in content development, creative services, media relations, digital marketing, and video production to deliver top-tier marketing and communications resources to all members and prospective members.
This position will require occasional evening and weekend work, as needed.
Education (include licenses, certifications, etc.):
A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Project Management, Business or related field.
• A minimum of 3 years of direct marketing and analysis experience, or related experience.
• Experience with direct marketing strategy and implementation.
• Experience with web and social media.
• Experience leading membership acquisition/retention programming.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organization and project management skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to lead and manage change in a complex environment.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to relate alumni programs to meeting University and Association goals and objectives.
• Demonstrated management skills and knowledge of management principles.
• Ability to make effective presentations to individuals, groups, businesses and community interest groups.
• Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with co-workers and staff, alumni, students, businesses and the general public.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly excel.
• This position will require occasional evening and weekend work, as needed.